Loose hay mover

/ Loose hay mover #1  

bjr

Veteran Member
Tractor
Jinma JM354
I need to move loose hay over to the adjoining neighbors barn about 200 feet away. I've only got 1-1/2 acres and it's grass hay. I've a old side delivery rake that I can windrow it with. We've hand raked with lawn rakes (after windowing with side delivery rake) and loaded it into a pickup, that's a lot of work. All I've got is a 35hp tractor and no FEL, so, I was wondering if there's some kind of 3pt rear mount hay scoop or some way of carrying this loose hay over to his barn. I can't seem to get anyone with a baler to come and do ,maybe, 20 bales. As always me and the neighbor are financially challenged (Broke). Any ideas? bjr

/ Loose hay mover
Well, that's the idea, but I want to be able to pull it around mounted on the 3pt. What I had in mind is like a landscape rake only with the dump rake tines mounted on it. I just want to be able to drag the hay up into piles. The landscape rake I have just skips over the hay. The flat tines on the landscape rake don't pick up the hay. I think the round dump rake tines would work a lot better. bjr

/ Loose hay mover #4  
Probably be cheaper to pickup a dump rake and convert it to a 3 point mount or at least look at one to get the mechnical side of things worked out. If you look in the 2nd picture, it shows how it picks the hay up and carries it off the ground to wherever you store it.

Aaron Z

/ Loose hay mover #5  
Probably be cheaper to pickup a dump rake and convert it to a 3 point mount or at least look at one to get the mechnical side of things worked out. If you look in the 2nd picture, it shows how it picks the hay up and carries it off the ground to wherever you store it.

Aaron Z

That's not quite right, those finger bars are to ensure you kick all of the hay out of the rake when you dump. A possible cheap way to pike you hay is an idea from a show called the last American cowboy, they have a "push cart that amounts to a doze rude dozer blade made from wood. Check it out.

/ Loose hay mover #6  
I think what you are looking for is called a hay bucker, usually they were mounted on a loaded and used to make haystacks. Most of the ones I have seen are 8 - 10' wide with many thin forks sticking out the front, usually made of wood and capped with metal, and 4-6' long. Maybe you could convert one of these to 3pt .... if you can find an old one laying around.