Lorenz 730 Blower repaint

/ Lorenz 730 Blower repaint
Wow, looks nice.

You're going to like that Lorenz blower, I've had an 834 for more than 20 years that was used when I bought it, they perform well in all snow conditions and can take some abuse.

Depending on your area to be cleared you may want to consider adding a hydraulic deflector, or possibly electric if you have no scv available. I added a longer deflector and hyd cylinder to mine and it's really a useful feature. Really opens up some tight areas for blowing when don't need 50-75 feet of open area for the snow stream. Set up right you can put it from 10-70 feet from the blower and anywhere in between. Very helpful when the wind isn't in your favor too, pointing the tip down some really helps reduce blow back.

Thanks,
I have the hydraulic chute rotator which I modified to swing 180* instead of 360*. I have the extra remote to use for the deflector but I don't mind adjusting the deflector manually. Added a snow deflector in front of the chain so the snow doesn't go directly into the chain. I've seen them on other blowers and thought I'd try one.

Attachments

• DSCN2010 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN2010 (Medium).JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 99
  • DSCN2011 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN2011 (Medium).JPG
    170 KB · Views: 92
   / Lorenz 730 Blower repaint #12  
Thanks,
Added a snow deflector in front of the chain so the snow doesn't go directly into the chain

That's funny, I just bolted on the one I made for my blower today. I hope it helps in the frozen snow banks.

Its not funny at all. Look at it this way. Great minds think alike.

Lorenz emailed me the parts book (pdf) today for my model. Very quick reply from them. All the manuals I found on line were for newer models. Apparently mine is an early 2000's year model. For a 17 year old blower it was in excellent condition when I got it. Just a little TLC, PM, and paint and its like new again. Must have been stored inside all its life when not in use or just plain didn't get much use.
Thanks again for all the replies.

/ Lorenz 730 Blower repaint #15  
Thanks for all the info George.

/ Lorenz 730 Blower repaint #16  
Nice job. Nice '57 Chevy too.

Nice job. Nice '57 Chevy too.

That's my summer toy. Waiting patiently to get it out.
57 2 dr. sedan delivery. 454, 700R4, 4.11, frame off resto.

Attachments

• DSCN1949 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1949 (Medium).JPG
    201 KB · Views: 73