LOST POWER STEERING, KUBOTA L-3130DST.

/ LOST POWER STEERING, KUBOTA L-3130DST. #1  

frj777

Tractor
Kubota L-3130
Looking for advice as how to proceed, steering loss was after repairs to front axle.

Had leak(s) at front axle, left side was seal at “knuckle.” Right side replaced: knuckle seal, final drive outer bearing and seal. Job went well, even for my experience level; no stranger to busted buckles, but have never done this before.

Upon completion, my power steering is gone. Checked hydronic fluid at rear of tractor and topped off, it was within add and full lines.

Here is what I did. Raised front end, supported axle level with jack stand lower tractor to jack stands, relieving pressure on FEL using float and lowered ballast box. Drained axle, made repairs, reassembled, refilled axle, re-attached tie rod ends, lowered front end and no power steering.

This is what I have done: Raised front end using FEL. Turned wheel full left and then full right, 3 sets of 12 times. Still no help, elevated overnight, cycle steering full left/right, still no help. Lowered tractor to ground, raised loader bucket overnight, cycled steering 12 time and still no power steering. Raised tractor using FEL, rest on jackstands, remove tie rod ends, still no help (my attempt to verify my repairs did not cause trouble). This is current state of tractor.

Have looked for damaged steering hoses, found none.

FYI tractor has 600 hours, I replaced hydro fluid and filter at 65 and 475 hours.

Looking for suggestions,

Thanks,

Fred

/ LOST POWER STEERING, KUBOTA L-3130DST.
Problem is resolved.

There was air in power steering cylinder. I heard it ”fart” while turning wheel (while axle in air), with engine off.

Took tractor down my driveway about a 40 foot drop in 170 feet. During this drive noted power steering being slightly improved. Raised front axle again and did another rep of 12 turns, improving at each turn..…all fixed.

Worked all last weekend cleaning up trees that had fallen in last storm. Glad it is back.

/ LOST POWER STEERING, KUBOTA L-3130DST. #3  
I was going to guess air.