LS G3038 Tractor just stops........

/ LS G3038 Tractor just stops........ #1  

Waynewaller

Tractor
Ls
We have an LS G3038 tractor that does something very unsual.....I have had it at a couple local shops (the dealer is Long distance) and they have not been able to find the problem. The tractor will run good at times...then another time it will just start dieing.....sometimes you can let up on the HST pedal and push right back down and it will pick back up....but it may do it again in a few monents.....or it may run for a while......it really does it bad at low rpm using the bucket....if you run the rpm up to +2800 it does not seem to stop as much, but this is rough on the hdw.
my question is .....is there a switch of any type that control the forward and reverse on the HST....since it is much worse when using the bucket and having to forward and reverse.......and if we let up....and then press the petal down again it picks back up.

Any Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

/ LS G3038 Tractor just stops........ #2  
When was the last time the filters and hydro fluid was changed? Is it the correct fluid? Running a hydro at "low rpm's" when "doing loader work" (especially when pushing into a pile) will overload the system. The hydro is not like the gas pedal in a car, power is supplied by rpm and hydraulic flow. I would check the fluid levels also