LS LB1100 backhoe control valve issue

/ LS LB1100 backhoe control valve issue #1  

DragonsBear

Tractor
John Deere
I have a 2013 LS LB1100 backhoe. The lever for the main boom will move the boom up and down but falls all the way back towards me when released instead of going back to center. No external clues what's going on. I tried to order the part i thought it was but LS no longer makes the part and no one has it. Not a good sign. I can move the boom up and down no problem but I have to hold the lever in the center. Help!!!!!!

/ LS LB1100 backhoe control valve issue #2  
Probably dropped a ball joint under the black rubber cover. This is off a bigger machine, but its similar to the red circled part.
IMG_0644.jpeg

Last edited:
   / LS LB1100 backhoe control valve issue #3  
I found a fix to this. You'll need to order the part in my pictures along with possibly a new bolt for the standard thread and not metric. My original threaded in no problem Anyway here we go...

Here is the part you'll need.

1000005771.jpg

Next you'll need to grind off the peened end of the threaded stud. Once you drive the stud out of the little ball socket install the stud into the new end. Mine fit perfectly and i ground as little as possible. You might be able to just drive it out without grinding but mine wouldn't budge even with heat. My picture shows the stud installed into the new end but you can see where i peened it back over.
1000005768.jpg

You can see here where the new and old match up perfectly.

1000005767.jpg

1000005772.jpg

And here it is installed.
1000005773.jpg

Last edited: