LS MT235e won't start

/ LS MT235e won't start #1  

dsteece

Tractor
LS MT235e
The dashboard does not light up. Only the battery icon shows up. I have checked all wiring, fuses (located on battery, engine block, on ignition switch and under the dash on left side. I have power to all of the fuses except for the ECU Power/Hazard, EHL and power shuttle ones with the key turned. I have power to all wires on the ignition switch and at the starter. The battery was tested at the local auto parts store. Is there any thing else I can check? Thanks..

/ LS MT235e won't start #2  
Fuse in the lower right hand corner is for the power shuttle on my tractor. The shuttle shifter has a pin that comes loose and it knocks out the power shuttle fuse. Check that and be sure your seat safety switch is operational.

/ LS MT235e won't start
I pulled every fuse out and looked at them. Safety switches are good.

/ LS MT235e won't start #4  
Have you cleaned battery terminals and connectors? Don't forget the ground strap to the frame. Do you have any corrosion on the cables at the battery? What method was used to test the battery? It should have been a load test not just a battery voltage check. Check the voltage reading when you hit the starter.

/ LS MT235e won't start
Have you cleaned battery terminals and connectors? Don't forget the ground strap to the frame. Do you have any corrosion on the cables at the battery? What method was used to test the battery? It should have been a load test not just a battery voltage check. Check the voltage reading when you hit the starter.
Battery terminals and connectors are clean. The one ground on frame i see is clean and tight. No corrosion. The auto store test I think was a load test. The voltage at the starter was the same as the battery.

/ LS MT235e won't start #6  
it should give a different symptom, but since you have mentioned everything else.... Toggle the PTO switch a time or two, just in case.

/ LS MT235e won't start #7  
After checking all safety switches, I'd still take that chassis ground off completely. Take it off, clean it very well, and put it back on. This is probably the most common electrical problem complained about on this forum regarding LS tractors.

A similar problem with my friends small Mahindra tractor, symptoms of a low battery. He swore the battery was new (and thus good) but needed a charge after it wouldn't start. After using a jump pack and then a pickup to jump the tractor with still no starting, I once again suggested the frame ground. He looked at it again, said it looks clean and tight. "Take it off, clean it anyway, and put it back on." Viola!!! The tractor started without a jump.

Just because it looks good and feels tight, take it off, clean it, and put it back on.

/ LS MT235e won't start
After checking all safety switches, I'd still take that chassis ground off completely. Take it off, clean it very well, and put it back on. This is probably the most common electrical problem complained about on this forum regarding LS tractors.

A similar problem with my friends small Mahindra tractor, symptoms of a low battery. He swore the battery was new (and thus good) but needed a charge after it wouldn't start. After using a jump pack and then a pickup to jump the tractor with still no starting, I once again suggested the frame ground. He looked at it again, said it looks clean and tight. "Take it off, clean it anyway, and put it back on." Viola!!! The tractor started without a jump.

Just because it looks good and feels tight, take it off, clean it, and put it back on.
Took ground off and cleaned it. Toggled PTO. Still nothing.

/ LS MT235e won't start #9  
Have you checked the wiring under the seat? Mine was shorting out and I had to splice new wiring in and shield the wiring from rubbing on the seat frame.