LS XR41xxHC vs NH Boomer xx

/ LS XR41xxHC vs NH Boomer xx #1  

Amateurwheels

Tractor
2018 Boomer 50 Cab (LS XR4150HC) Former: 2008 NH T1520
I looked at 2 used NH Boomer 55's Cab's today. I didn't buy either of them due to the price, and some of the wear/tear items. One had a rear tire that had seen a lot of sun on one side.
Chaffed loader hoses. Other had an almost empty coolant bottle and a broken door hinge. Both were worked hard and put away wet. It's interesting that see the LS new price for say a XR4155HC is cheaper than the asking price for New Holland 55 Boomer. I drove a LS XR4155HC the other day.

Differences I noticed:

NH has:
Mid PTO
Sunshade
Radio
Different loader

LS has
Trailer wiring connector
More rear remotes.

Anything else I'm missing besides a few $k?

Looking at the new holland parts book, it's around $700 for the Mid PTO kit. I'd assume the part interchanges for the LS, or is the same cost from the LS dealer. Add fluid and labor, that would make the NH worth roughly 1k more than a compatible LS. I want to add a front mount blower. LS dealer says front mount blower is 7k. Didn't ask if that included the Mid PTO kit or not. Found a NH 74CSB blower for 5k lightly used.

/ LS XR41xxHC vs NH Boomer xx #2  
I looked at 2 used NH Boomer 55's Cab's today. I didn't buy either of them due to the price, and some of the wear/tear items. One had a rear tire that had seen a lot of sun on one side.
Chaffed loader hoses. Other had an almost empty coolant bottle and a broken door hinge. Both were worked hard and put away wet. It's interesting that see the LS new price for say a XR4155HC is cheaper than the asking price for New Holland 55 Boomer. I drove a LS XR4155HC the other day.

Differences I noticed:

NH has:
Mid PTO
Sunshade
Radio
Different loader

LS has
Trailer wiring connector
More rear remotes.

Anything else I'm missing besides a few $k?

Looking at the new holland parts book, it's around $700 for the Mid PTO kit. I'd assume the part interchanges for the LS, or is the same cost from the LS dealer. Add fluid and labor, that would make the NH worth roughly 1k more than a compatible LS. I want to add a front mount blower. LS dealer says front mount blower is 7k. Didn't ask if that included the Mid PTO kit or not. Found a NH 74CSB blower for 5k lightly used.

You'll want the mid mount pto obviously if you're wanting to run the pto front snow blower
The LS has a heavier loader capacity. The New Holland's loader lifts higher and also sticks out further in front of the tractor. The LS XR4155 also comes standard I believe now with 3 rear remotes and the 3pt. lever on the rear to help when attaching implements. I think NH only comes with 1 set of remotes on the rear and no 3 pt. lever.
The radio can be installed on your your for about $35 for the factory harness. A radio can be had for $50. So that's no big deal, but cheaper than letting either company stick you with that add-on. Sunshade would be nice sometimes, but **** with A/C who cares unless your back is to the sun and you're afraid of a little sun on your neck. I've got a XR4145HC. I added the radio and beacon my self. Might have about $100-$125 in total cost of them together. I too was looking to buy a Boomer until my father in law really drew my attention to the LS's. They farm and have always used CNH and told me about LS building the CNH compact tractors. They're identical except for the option of the CVT transmission. Which the NH dealer told me to stay away from in these little tractors. Good luck with your decision. Have any more questions, feel free to ask.

/ LS XR41xxHC vs NH Boomer xx #3  
Oh and I believe the mid mount pto is around $500-$600 is what the LS dealer told me when I had inquired about it. So basically the same price.

/ LS XR41xxHC vs NH Boomer xx #4  
You'll want the mid mount pto obviously if you're wanting to run the pto front snow blower
The LS has a heavier loader capacity. The New Holland's loader lifts higher and also sticks out further in front of the tractor. The LS XR4155 also comes standard I believe now with 3 rear remotes and the 3pt. lever on the rear to help when attaching implements. I think NH only comes with 1 set of remotes on the rear and no 3 pt. lever.
The radio can be installed on your your for about $35 for the factory harness. A radio can be had for $50. So that's no big deal, but cheaper than letting either company stick you with that add-on. Sunshade would be nice sometimes, but **** with A/C who cares unless your back is to the sun and you're afraid of a little sun on your neck. I've got a XR4145HC. I added the radio and beacon my self. Might have about $100-$125 in total cost of them together. I too was looking to buy a Boomer until my father in law really drew my attention to the LS's. They farm and have always used CNH and told me about LS building the CNH compact tractors. They're identical except for the option of the CVT transmission. Which the NH dealer told me to stay away from in these little tractors. Good luck with your decision. Have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Hello sir!
I would just like to ask: Which transmission the NH dealer said to stay away from on these little LS tractors?
I know that CVT's are used in cars and side by sides with mixed results- usually related to horsepower. They seem to work well
in 4 wheelers, for example.
Not trying to nit-pick, but, I am looking to buy a MT 345 in the future, and need to know if one of the trannys is suspect.

Thank you

/ LS XR41xxHC vs NH Boomer xx #5  
Hello sir!
I would just like to ask: Which transmission the NH dealer said to stay away from on these little LS tractors?
I know that CVT's are used in cars and side by sides with mixed results- usually related to horsepower. They seem to work well
in 4 wheelers, for example.
Not trying to nit-pick, but, I am looking to buy a MT 345 in the future, and need to know if one of the trannys is suspect.

Thank you
The NH and LS share the same transmission (entire tractor), hydro and gear, both are good. Nothing to stay away from.

NH has a Boomer that they built/sourced and it has a CVT transmission. If I remember it is the 45D and 54D. This Boomer is not built by LS and some have had transmission issues. It is actually a nice tractor but just not many of them around. The cab IMO is nicer.

/ LS XR41xxHC vs NH Boomer xx #7  
We had a Boomer 50 in the shop recently. I was surprised to see that the Boomer 3pt system is position control only, no draft control.

boomer-35-55-gallery-14.jpg

/ LS XR41xxHC vs NH Boomer xx #8  
We had a Boomer 50 in the shop recently. I was surprised to see that the Boomer 3pt system is position control only, no draft control.

It's optional on the Boomer.

/ LS XR41xxHC vs NH Boomer xx #9  

View attachment 629583

98% of the compact tractors in use today are position control only. Some models offer draft control as an option. Few owners have an understanding of how draft control works or when to use it. Fewer yet have an actual need for it