LT 1050 won't move

/ LT 1050 won't move #1  

bmi2rr

First post here. My machine was purchased in 2006. I was mowing this past weekend and it just stopped moving. I released the transmission and pulled it to the garage. Any ideas as to why it would do this?

/ LT 1050 won't move #2  
if it just all of a sudden stopped, would look to see if hydro tranny belt/drivien pulley on tranny are ok - input shaft splines not stripped or such. Usually hydros "die" a slow death, first losing ground speed, slowing on hills, etc. first before fianally crapping out. Any unusual noises during this event ?

/ LT 1050 won't move #3  
What rcbe said. That would be my guess, too. That belt is up above the deck belt, running from another pulley on the engine. If you have a quick disconnect deck, remove it and check that belt and or pulleys. That belt is designed to be engaged all the time, in contrast to the deck belt, which is only operating when the blades are engaged and spinning.

/ LT 1050 won't move
Thanks to both of you. I will check that out.

/ LT 1050 won't move #5  
I have 50 inch cut and like his it just stop.But the belt is on the pulleys but no presser on the foot pedal at all.HELP

/ LT 1050 won't move #6  
if you are saying that the r/h foot pedal is loose, sloppy and has no effect on machine ground movement, then time to drop deck and get underneath with a good trouble light and closely chk all related linkage from tranny control all the way back to pedal - something has become undone or broken...

/ LT 1050 won't move #7  
I have a lt1050 hydro, mine would not move after shutting down the day before, the problem was the brake linkage at the transaxle, it was stuck forward. A little lube on the brake linkage and wiggle it back and forth to work it in, fixed mine.
I suggest having a helper move the pedals while you watch the parts that should be moving. on mine, the linkage has a spring that connects to the brake engagement lever(?), so it felt fine , the spring was pulling on the lever ,it just wasn't returning(releasing the brake pads). Along with this problem was a loud growling noise. Hope this helps some, John M