Lubrication additives for Diesel Fuel in older tractor

/ Lubrication additives for Diesel Fuel in older tractor #82  
Aren’t we all 😁

/ Lubrication additives for Diesel Fuel in older tractor #83  
When I was much younger, I was a 'hot shot' as well. Today I'm not... Today, I'm just basically shot.
Yep me to. 😟

/ Lubrication additives for Diesel Fuel in older tractor #84  
The red dye is the problem used in on road vehicles it will
turn the inside of your tail pipe RED and if that happens you
get caught someone said that's automatic a $10,000 fine
I have used the PS white plastic container and so far after
many years of use no problems

willy
Often wondered about this because in times of disaster the restriction had been temporarily lifted.

What about the red residue that remains post disaster?

/ Lubrication additives for Diesel Fuel in older tractor #85  
Often wondered about this because in times of disaster the restriction had been temporarily lifted.

What about the red residue that remains post disaster?
I have never seen a red tail pipe from running off road diesel in a on road vehicle.

I have neighbors that purchase off road diesel at 1000-2000 gallons at a time. They fuel all the diesel equipment they operate and drive at their fueling station. They laughed and asked if I was smoking some of that home grown stuff when I asked them about the red tail pipe myth.

/ Lubrication additives for Diesel Fuel in older tractor #86  
I have not either but the fill fittings of the hospital diesel tank are stained red... no idea if the red would wipe off.

/ Lubrication additives for Diesel Fuel in older tractor #87  
Home heating oil furnaces burn thousands of gallons a year of red diesel. The pipes and chimneys are ALWAYS black., as are diesel engine exhaust systems running it.
I think we can safely put to bed this ridiculous “huge fine”-“red tailpipe “ myth

/ Lubrication additives for Diesel Fuel in older tractor #88  
The only time that I have experienced the state man here in Florida checking for dyed fuel was at the livestock market one time when I was hauling yearlings to sell and he was checking every other vehicle, he took a sample from the fuel tank and did nothing at the tail pipe, my truck was a gas burner so it didn't affect me.