LX288 Deck removal

/ LX288 Deck removal #1  

DAP

Veteran Member
From Orange County NY to Lincoln County ME
Tractor
JD LX288 and a B7800
I could not be home for delivery of my LX288. As such, I missed the demo on removing and reinstalling the 48" C deck.

Is this explanable in this forum?

Thanks in advance and happy holidays.

/ LX288 Deck removal #2  
Here's what I tell customers when I deliver their units, minus the visual aid of course. With the deck raised, turn the height control knob for the deck to the "0" or blank setting, and lower the deck, pushing the deck raise/lower lever all the way forward until it locks. This height setting knob is found on the hump between your legs when you are sitting in the seat. Now go to the left side of the tractor, as viewed from the rear, and look for the steel rod on the top side of the mower deck. This puts tension on the belt, you want to move it out from under the tab and hold it back towards the rear tire, at the same time take the belt off the PTO pulley on the tractor. Now go to the front of the tractor, and facing the tractor on the right side of the tractor's frame the front mower bracket attatches. There should be a small tab on it to grab, pull it out, and rotate the lever forward, remove from the tractor frame and the hooks on the mower. Now, on each side of the tractor, underneath the footrests are the lift arms. You want to pull the j-pins out and rotate them to keep them out of their holes. Now lift the deck lift lever, and slide the mower deck out. You may or not have to turn the front tires for this tractor/deck combination to get the deck out. Installation is just the opposite. You should have gotten manuals for both the tractor and the mower deck. In the 48C mower manual there are directions and pictures showing removal, installation, operation, and maintenace of everything you should need. If you don't have these manuals, talk to your salesmen, get them. They are indispendible, and will probably save you some calls to the dealer with questions.

/ LX288 Deck removal
Keery, you were right on the money. I know this because I stopped by the dealer and got the mower literature, which didn't come when I got the machine this June.

Disconnecting the attachment components was easy, but my deck (a 48" convertible) well, that sucker isn't light!

And a wheel turn probably would have helped!

Thanks and regards to you and yours.