LX288 Lost Bolt for Electric Clutch and is wedged with belt on

/ LX288 Lost Bolt for Electric Clutch and is wedged with belt on #1  

Tritin the Best

Tractor
john Deere LX288
My nieghbor needs some help, she lost her husband only who was 42 years old due to Covid a few months ago. I am helping her get her LX288 lawn tractor fixed.
They have two small boys, I want to help them.

Her lawn tractor LM288 blades stopped working last week, I looked under and saw the bolt that holds the electric clutch on the engine spindle came off. I still have it.
The clutch is at an angle and looks wedged in as the belt is very tight.

If I replace the clutch and the belt, should that fix it or do you think there is more damage. I have not taken it apart.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Tony

/ LX288 Lost Bolt for Electric Clutch and is wedged with belt on #2  
I’d think you could just reinstall the bolt and see if it works. I’d reuse the belt unless it’s damaged. Nice of you to help them.

/ LX288 Lost Bolt for Electric Clutch and is wedged with belt on #3  
I would do my best to try and remove the belt without damaging it any more that it might be already. Then you can inspect the electric clutch to see if anything on it appears damaged and base your repairs on what you find.

Agree nice of you to help out a neighbor in need.

Deere does have an excellent parts diagram website so that might also be helpful to determine if something else is missing.

/ LX288 Lost Bolt for Electric Clutch and is wedged with belt on #4  

Tritin the Best

Welcome to TBN 📣

You will get some good advice here. Are you handy with tools ? If not, you may want to ask someone else in your neighborhood to help.

Richard

/ LX288 Lost Bolt for Electric Clutch and is wedged with belt on #6  
I have a Deere mower with the electric clutch. The original clutch died and I replaced it, so I know a little about what the OP is facing. My advice is to take the tension off of the belt so that it can be removed from the clutch. It would be a good idea to elevate the front of the lawn tractor to make it easy to work on. Take a picture of the underside making sure that the belt routing is completely visible. After the belt has been removed the clutch should be removed and any damage to the motor shaft that caused raised spots filed down. Any high spots inside the clutch should also be filed down. The reason for all this is to make sure the clutch will slide back onto the shaft completely. The clutch has wires going to it of course and of course there is a connector. Carefully disconnect the wires at this connector. Use a can of brake cleaner and wash the bolt threads and the threads inside the shaft. Once the threads are dry use some blue Loctite or similar removable thread locker on the bolt threads and reassemble. While you are working on the lawn tractor try to see if there any other problems that need to be addressed and also see if you can figure out why the bolt loosened in the first place. I apologize if I have posted stuff you already know and would do but some folks are really inexperienced and need detailed help. And thanks to you for helping a neighbor. Years ago I was I was severely injured and many folks from the local community helped myself and my wife. Some I never met and still have not met more than 20 years later. Their help changed our lives for the better.
Thanks Again,
Eric