LX3310 vs L3301

/ LX3310 vs L3301 #21  
Took a look at the LX3310 and the L2501 (they did not have a 3301).
A quick look at both and some of the negatives/positives I saw on each
LX3310
1. Rear axle with what looks like cast aluminum bearing housing looks weak and the axles stick waaaaay out there. Just looks weak but probably not.
2. Diesel is 4 cylinder IDI. I don't think of that as a negative just not as efficient.
3. Loader is not as robust.
Positives
1. Nice seat (I don't use arm rests) though.
2. Good control layout.
3. Brakes are on the left for easy quick turning when needed.
4,. Steering control rods are not hanging out waiting to get removed by a rock. I have done this on a L5450

L3301
1. Brakes on same side as hydrostat pedal.
2. Steering rods out front first thing to encounter obstacles inside of tires.
3. PTO lever to the back and right harder to reach.
4. Open floor area so flail mower when it is dusty will most likely get on the operator.
5. 4WD not as easy to turn on/off. Minor

Positives
1. More robust loader
2. I like the 3 cylinder Kubota makes better, have had both.
3. Wider and just bigger, especially the front wheel spacing or width.
4. Rear axle looks much, much stronger.
5. Bigger R14's available.
6. A little cheaper in price.

I suspect my observations are moot especially the axle thing on the LX model but it is hard not to think about it. I snapped the rear axle housing on my L3830 so maybe I am too sensitive.

/ LX3310 vs L3301 #22  
Took a look at the LX3310 and the L2501 (they did not have a 3301).
A quick look at both and some of the negatives/positives I saw on each
LX3310
1. Rear axle with what looks like cast aluminum bearing housing looks weak and the axles stick waaaaay out there. Just looks weak but probably not.
2. Diesel is 4 cylinder IDI. I don't think of that as a negative just not as efficient.
3. Loader is not as robust.
Positives
1. Nice seat (I don't use arm rests) though.
2. Good control layout.
3. Brakes are on the left for easy quick turning when needed.
4,. Steering control rods are not hanging out waiting to get removed by a rock. I have done this on a L5450

L3301
1. Brakes on same side as hydrostat pedal.
2. Steering rods out front first thing to encounter obstacles inside of tires.
3. PTO lever to the back and right harder to reach.
4. Open floor area so flail mower when it is dusty will most likely get on the operator.
5. 4WD not as easy to turn on/off. Minor

Positives
1. More robust loader
2. I like the 3 cylinder Kubota makes better, have had both.
3. Wider and just bigger, especially the front wheel spacing or width.
4. Rear axle looks much, much stronger.
5. Bigger R14's available.
6. A little cheaper in price.

I suspect my observations are moot especially the axle thing on the LX model but it is hard not to think about it. I snapped the rear axle housing on my L3830 so maybe I am too sensitive.
The LX3310 is a common rail DI, should be much smoother and efficient then the old idi V1505.

/ LX3310 vs L3301 #23  
The LX3310 is a common rail DI, should be much smoother and efficient then the old idi V1505.
I read it is common rail but still IDI. Not really sure what that means. I have never had any issues with Kubota IDI, its all I have ever owned. My 93 Ford F250 is another story.

/ LX3310 vs L3301 #24  
Based on the engine code it is DI, maybe someone was confusing the prior B3350 IDI engine with it.

Also I haven't seen a common rail that wasn't DI yet.

/ LX3310 vs L3301 #25  
Based on the engine code it is DI, maybe someone was confusing the prior B3350 IDI engine with it.

Thanks for the clarification. I also was under the impression that common rail was only DI. High pressure for better atomization directly into the cylinder. Would seem less effective going into a pre chamber, through a valve etc. In the end I think my first observations were a bit of "picking fly poop out of the pepper", either model would suit my needs.

/ LX3310 vs L3301 #26  

I think they must of seen this which is where the confusion is coming from.

Attachments

• lx-competitive-comparison-2020.pdf
    98 KB · Views: 90