M4900 three point hitch

/ M4900 three point hitch #1  

espencer

Tractor
Kubota M4900
My M490 three point is not working. I added fluid and it worked briefly. It is not working now. I do notice that the linkage rod is broken (not sure of linkage name). It’s my understanding that the rod is an over power safety linkage and not needed for normal usage. Am I wrong and do I need to replace? Any ideas on how to repair?

/ M4900 three point hitch #2  
Can you post a photo of this linkage??
I find it difficult to believe that a piece of original linkage on a tractor isn't necessary for correct 3 pt operation. Are you referring to feedback rod linkage? If so it is necessary for correct control of 3pt. FB rod linkage also requires correct adjustment.

/ M4900 three point hitch
The linkage is to the left on top of the back housing (standing facing rear of tractor). I snagged something while box blading with enough force to pull that side of box blade loose. Could have happened then.

/ M4900 three point hitch #4  
Pretty much has to be a top link draft sensing system. You have pulled the link loose that normally enables draft sensing. There is certainly a way to totally disable draft sensing on your tractor. I will not try to describe how all that works. You are 99% certain to have no need for draft sensing in the first place. Just go to your operators manual and find how to disable Draft Sensing. If you can't find it, ask your dealer.