Grading M59 and Boulders

/ M59 and Boulders #11  
Back when I bought my land I was looking into getting a L48 to clear a lot to build on. I ended up with a full sized back hoe. Watching your video and seeing those pictures just confirms that the L48 would have been too small as my land has stumps and rocks just as big. I think I would of rather had a M59 but it wasn't an option back then. It's too bad because the 580k has tons of power, that stump wouldn't have even been a challenge but now that my house is built it's kind of too big and awkward to use around the house easily. I think once your house built your M59 will still be a good fit.

The 580 is a fine machine. So is the Cat TLB. We looked at both as well at 50 to 70 hp tractor/loaders with 3 pt backhoes. We wanted and expected to buy a US made machine. In fact, a JD if we could. The M59 simply turned out to be a better size fit for our property. It's been 5 years now and it has done everything asked of it. Darn good machine. There are times when the extra muscle of the 580 would be handy - particularly that extended BH boom. I really envy that feature. .....But more often it is the handiness of the M59 that gets the nod. The M59 has serious and surprising power coupled with a tight turn and good balance. Glad we got it; it's a keeper.
rScotty.

/ M59 and Boulders #12  
The 580 is just so heavy. And with no 3pt or pto it's not that flexible. We have some red maples that will go 48" in diameter around here. A limb broke off of one from about 25' up. My 20" bar on the chainsaw wasn't long enough to cut it from one side. I had to take two of them simply because of the danger of a widow maker. Because of that I'm glad I did have the 580 (I think the M59 would have been slow but would have also did it) but now that those major jobs are done I envy you guys with the M59s.

/ M59 and Boulders #13  
The 580 is just so heavy. And with no 3pt or pto it's not that flexible. We have some red maples that will go 48" in diameter around here. A limb broke off of one from about 25' up. My 20" bar on the chainsaw wasn't long enough to cut it from one side. I had to take two of them simply because of the danger of a widow maker. Because of that I'm glad I did have the 580 (I think the M59 would have been slow but would have also did it) but now that those major jobs are done I envy you guys with the M59s.

Al, I believe you've just named our M59.
Thanks, rScotty