Loader M59 hood protector

/ M59 hood protector #11  
Screens are good to have whether you have a hood protector or not. Several people have now poked holes in their radiators....or rather, their tractor's radiators... :).

It won't be any big effort to make some drawings - I just can't get to it before about a month from now. It looks to come off easy enough and I can just trace them. Probably send by mail.
rScotty

/ M59 hood protector
rScotty, that would help a lot! It’s pretty simple but the design is precisely made to work properly. Surprised it not a common accessory on more tractors. Most backhoes have a robust nosecone and front armor. My old B20 had a stout hood/nose metal. My B26 needs armor. Maybe mini-me hood protector??

/ M59 hood protector #13  
That is a very good idea Kubota had! It seems that every time Kubota comes up with something good they quickly stop making it. :(:(

/ M59 hood protector #14  
My tractor is not an M, but I would think a hood protector should cover the entire hood.

Years ago I built hood and head protectors for my little B2910. Been very happy with them.

Just for the sake of discussion, here is what I have:

07574E25-0CED-4C71-AF1A-4FE903A36E73.jpeg

/ M59 hood protector
IMG_1132.JPGIMG_1133.JPG

Grill guard upgrade for M59. 38# to 108#s. Quarry screen tougher to work with than expanded metal. Boxing the bottom adds strength. High humidity makes paint take for ever to dry. This is the 5th grill guard I’ve built. Bush hog tough, high stuff. Rather have bumper make first contact than the front axle. Move lots of brush, push out trees, roll stumps, etc. My hillybilly trees fight back.

Just needs a hood protector hat to complement the look;-)

/ M59 hood protector #16  
My tractor is not an M, but I would think a hood protector should cover the entire hood.

Years ago I built hood and head protectors for my little B2910. Been very happy with them.

Just for the sake of discussion, here is what I have:

View attachment 618276

That looks like very nice work all around. Congrats. Nice to see good craftsmanship.
Did you ever try those cross bar links on the chains? Or was that you?

Just got an email this morning that there are still a few tickets to the Great American Beer Festival in Denver Oct. 3-5.
It's a pilgrimage in the american fashion. I'm going, but don't think I'll walk there.
rScotty