M7040 Hydralic Questions

/ M7040 Hydralic Questions #1  

Qubota

Tractor
Kubota M7040
I am new to this forum and also a new Kubota Owner. I was wondering if the 1153 loader on an M7040 is supposed to have a down float position. Every other front end loader I have operated including a bobcat has a forward detent that when you push the joystick all the way forward allows the bucket to float in the down position. My tractor does not have that. The loader is not a self leveling version. Does that make a difference?

My second question is on the rear remotes. When I use my batwing mower I can only plug into remotes 2 and 3. Remote number 1 will not function. I believe its because the cylinders on the mower are only one way and therefore only have a single hose so no return hose. Is there a difference on the remote valves or should they all function exactly the same?

Thanks in advance for any help on the issue
PS: I am in no way complaining about the tractor. It has been great machine for the first 50hrs I have put on it. Just questions.

Quenton

/ M7040 Hydralic Questions #2  
Qubota said:
I am new to this forum and also a new Kubota Owner. I was wondering if the 1153 loader on an M7040 is supposed to have a down float position. Every other front end loader I have operated including a bobcat has a forward detent that when you push the joystick all the way forward allows the bucket to float in the down position. My tractor does not have that. The loader is not a self leveling version. Does that make a difference?

The detent is there. It may take a little or a lot of oomph on your part to engage but it is there.

My second question is on the rear remotes. When I use my batwing mower I can only plug into remotes 2 and 3. Remote number 1 will not function. I believe its because the cylinders on the mower are only one way and therefore only have a single hose so no return hose. Is there a difference on the remote valves or should they all function exactly the same?

I believe it should work. When the lever is in one direction fluid flows thru the single port to the cylinder extending it. When the lever is in the other direction the port should be open to allow the fluid to return to the system as gravity retracts the cylinder. However, there may be some type of bypass on the factory spools that will block both ports if one port can't flow fluid. Ask your dealer or look in the WSM.

/ M7040 Hydralic Questions
MadReferee,

I guess I never tried to get a little rough with it.

I will look into what the manual says about the rear remotes. Thanks for the help.