M9000 HDC Hub Oil

/ M9000 HDC Hub Oil #1  

Shopdave

Tractor
Kubota M9000 Hydraulic Shuttle 4wd cab
Im doing a service on my M9000 HDC 4wd. I intend to drain front differential and hubs. Manual says to refill hub oil to top of fill plug threads. That leaves no room for expansion once temperature gets up in hubs. About half way up there is a plug. That makes more since for a check full plug. Manual makes no mention of that.Differential has a check plug so no problem there. Just curious what you guys think on hub oil refill.
Thanks,
Dave

/ M9000 HDC Hub Oil #2  
Half full is what it should say as you suspected.

/ M9000 HDC Hub Oil #4  
The manual is correct. The later models do not even have the center plugs anymore.
Fill to or close to the threads.
At what position? The fill/check plug on most hubs I have ever serviced are positioned at 3 or 9 o'clock at which point the oil should be at the bottom of the hole. Position of the port is the important part.

/ M9000 HDC Hub Oil #5  
At what position? The fill/check plug on most hubs I have ever serviced are positioned at 3 or 9 o'clock at which point the oil should be at the bottom of the hole. Position of the port is the important part.
Unless you tip the tractor over on its side, the fill port does not change position. It is on the top of the knuckle housing about 3/4 the way up.

/ M9000 HDC Hub Oil #6  
Unless you tip the tractor over on its side, the fill port does not change position. It is on the top of the knuckle housing about 3/4 the way up.
Thinking of a planetary hub. I see now.