M9540 / M8540 HP question

/ M9540 / M8540 HP question #1  
Tractor
Kubota L3600 GST
My local dealer is out of M9540 but has a M8540 coming in this month. After looking at all of the specs I am wondering where the Horsepower difference
(10hp) comes from. Both tractors have the same engine, displacement, bore and stroke, and rpm. The price difference is about $3000. Is this an engine mod or tuning tweak or what? Also, will I notice a 10% difference in HP?
The tractor will have the FEL and pull a 15' flex-wing.

/ M9540 / M8540 HP question #2  
My understanding on this from some of the K techs is that higher HP models with the same size engines just have a greater volume of fuel injected into the engine. By the way, those are 2 great models....I have a 7040 and wish I had gone the 8540, but just from a sheer equip. standpoint....my model has preformed all that I have asked. You'll love the 2 tier engine...makes anything else really old school. get ready for some work bb

/ M9540 / M8540 HP question #3  
I recently pruchased the M9540 and have a lot of past experience pulling 15' mowers. If you get into heavy weeds, brush, or grass you WILL feel the difference. If your just mowing in light conditions the M8540 will handle it well. I would prefer the extra hp though in case your needs change in the future and need to bale hay or use a disc. When it comes time to sell your tractor it will probably bring more with the extra hp. I've put about 185 hours on my M9540 in the last 2 months and so far it has been very impressive on the power output. Gary

/ M9540 / M8540 HP question
Thanks for the replys guys. I am still trying to decide if I should take the M8540 or look around more for the M9540. I will need to purchase before the end of the year.
Gary51, glad you like your M9540. I see you are down in the land of pine trees and sandy soil. I have never pulled a 15' mower, any tips?

/ M9540 / M8540 HP question #5  
Safeman- You are in the black gumbo area I think. When it is a little wet remember that a batwing is a 5000 pound anchor and will stick a tractor very quickly. Whatever tractor you end up with get the extra remotes on it. You need 3 hydraulic remotes for best use of the mower. You can get by with two by tying your wings together on one remote but over time you will wish you had the third remote.
Don't try to use this as a lawn mower and cut everything 1" tall. I cut everthing about 4" to 5" tall. This will help preventing the mower from bottoming out on high points on the ground which is extremely hard on mower and tractor. After you adjust the main deck height to your desired height, adjust the two wings to be level with the main deck at that height. Some people don't adjust them and end up with a crowning effect on the mowed grass.
Don't do tight turns. It's easy to get the 3 point hitch to hit the mower driveline causing damage.
These mowers are very heavy and take a lot of energy to get spinning. Feather your pto on at low rpms to prevent shock loading your pto.
After a little practice you"ll get used to the bigger mower and will be able to use it like a scalpel. Gary

Gary51 thanks for the advise. Yes, this black clay can still be a swamp weeks after a rain. I will keep the anchor analogy in mind.
I have partial answers about the HP difference from two different dealers. One says that it is a wastegate controller adjustment and the other says that the M9540 has an intercooler.

Issue resolved. Local dealer found a M9540. I should take delivery soon. :D