MAC AW434 Impact Wrench

/ MAC AW434 Impact Wrench #1  

MaFe175

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 175
I posted this already but on an old thread so I am posting it again on a new thread.
I am brand new to the Forum but an old guy on a farm. I got tired of making do with tire irons and decided to buy an impact wrench. The new battery powered ones are too expensive for my budget. I found a MAC AW434 at a good price and bought it. I don't know much about air powered impact wrenches but I have used them before. I am confident that I can take it apart clean it and re-grease the hammer components. I also understand about putting good air tool oil into the air intake before and after using the tool. I can not find online anywhere an owner/user manual for the AW434 so I have a question about it that I hope that you can answer for me. There is a plug on the tool right next to the air inlet that takes an Allen key to remove. It is right inline with the grip and the trigger. I found a schematic of the tool and under the plug is a part called the OILER FELT. I want to know if I need to put oil into the tool through this opening since the name OILER FELT implies oil. I think that I understand everything else about the tool but any advice is appreciated. If you have any idea where I can find a manual please let me know. That plug is worrying me I hate not knowing what it is for. If you know please tell me.
Thank You

/ MAC AW434 Impact Wrench #2  
I don't have your particular model but usually air tool oil is added directly into the air inlet port. Felt is/was frequently used to retain oil in machinery, especially older machinery. It is likely that the port is for swapping out a felt piece which was designed to retain and more slowly disperse some of the oil which is put into the air intake port. Felt will degrade over long periods of time/use and will eventually need to be swapped out.

I suggest you open the port and see if you can see a bit of felt in there