Magnetic block heater

/ Magnetic block heater #2  
Yes I use them on all my farmalls and on my kubota. I have used them for years. I do not keep them on 24/7 the kubota is on a remote control outlet from Amazon for less than $20 a few years ago I can turn it on from the house before I go out to plow have a trouble light on the window so I can know if it’s on the farmalls I just plug in before use. It only takes 20 minutes to get it warm even near zero degrees. I also use one at work all the time as a crankcase heat on compressor replacement and charging refrigeration systems when it’s cold

/ Magnetic block heater #3  
I use one they are quite old my dad owned them, probably not as good as a real imbedded one but beat getting one install in my opinion... I have a twin belly oil pan, so I put one on each side before startup.

/ Magnetic block heater #4  
I use (2) 250w magnetic heaters like that on occasion to heat the hst sump on my machine. They won't do much short term heating of 11 gallons, but they have an impact with longer use. One 200w magnetic heater will certainly heat the engine oil sump nicely.

What really works on larger hst sumps is a 1000w radiant heater directed on the case. I can use that similarly to how I use a coolant block heater... 3 hours on prior to use. The downside of the radiant heater is that it will potentially melt wiring if not positioned properly.

/ Magnetic block heater
Thanks to all for the responses. I think I’ll get one for the engine oil.

/ Magnetic block heater #6  
Last winter I clamped a 5" x 10" x 3/16" piece of flat metal to my bench vice and set a new 250 w magnetic heater under it. I let it run for 2 hours inside my tin shed with an ambient temperature of 40 degrees, just to see how hot it got.

I could put my bare hand on it as long as I wanted to.
I was hoping it would get hot enough to keep my coffee warm but it failed the test.

/ Magnetic block heater #7  
When it gets cold it’s a block heater, in-line heater or a circulating heater. Stick on magnetic work best sitting on a shelf.

Also be aware the block or inline heaters will also get the oil warm.

/ Magnetic block heater #8  
Block heater in my bachhoe melts the snow on the hood. As of this morning I seen my circulating heater in the tractor does to.

Attachments

• 20221121_141902.jpg
    20221121_141902.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 105

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Bobcat T870 Skid Steer Loader (A32803)
Bobcat T870 Skid...
Case IH 9270 Salvage Tractor (A33041)
Case IH 9270...
439 (A33237)
439 (A33237)
New Holland W50 Wheel Loader (A34009)