Magnetic Engine Block Heater

/ Magnetic Engine Block Heater #51  
The edge to radiator hose coolant heater has over screw in block heaters is they work when there is not hole in the block to screw into. :)

Since I will have one of each type I can 'race' them.:)

With the Kill-A-Watt I can compute any handicap required to make the race apples to apples.

/ Magnetic Engine Block Heater #52  
Almost every engine has a drain plug/threads in the bottom of the water jacket. Just pick up the feed there for a tank type heater and dump it back in at the top of the block. The John Deere engines along with the Mack engines we used them on had a manifold at the top of the engine that worked great for that. I installed a 1500 watt one on a I-6 Mack that kept the engine at 150 degrees. the driver loved it. CJ

/ Magnetic Engine Block Heater #53  
I will have to look for that on the JD engine. We have a 1.75" Zero Start on the way so the block heater solution for it should be addressed. The notice this AM stated it shipped today. At $26.50 it is the most simple block heater option that I came across. The KAT option looked nice but the wattage was a tad high for my HF $89 generator. :)

/ Magnetic Engine Block Heater #54  
You could also route the generator exhaust through ducting to warm the engine.

I will have to look for that on the JD engine. We have a 1.75" Zero Start on the way so the block heater solution for it should be addressed. The notice this AM stated it shipped today. At $26.50 it is the most simple block heater option that I came across. The KAT option looked nice but the wattage was a tad high for my HF $89 generator. :)

/ Magnetic Engine Block Heater #55  
With my physical limitations and the FEL arms I find more simple things to do for fun more like the size of the ATV :)

I have no plan to start the backhoe when temps are below 40F. :)

The Zero Start block heater for $26.50 is just in case we need to use in it an emergency plus I can or my kids can do a cut and screw project like that.