Mahindra 1533 ground issues and won't start

/ Mahindra 1533 ground issues and won't start #1  

DrK_Fwood

Tractor
Mahindra 1533
Having trouble with my 1533 SS. There is a second ground wire that previously I didn't connect back to the negative terminal of the battery. Couldn't get the tractor to turn over, and noticed less than 12 volts to the starter and the fuel stop solenoid. Once I fixed that it was running fine. This afternoon I went to use it. It started up then quickly died. It turns over fine, but I checked the voltage at the fuel stop solenoid, and it was once again at less than 12 volts. I put a direct ground to it, which brought the voltage back to 12 VDC. Still won't start, but I'm thinking that the injector solenoids aren't getting full voltage either. Anyone have any ideas where to start chasing this floating ground? The main ground to the chassis appears to be good, and this secondary ground looks like it goes into the ECU. Also my fuel level gauge occasionally blinks and I can't find anything in the manual as to what this means.

/ Mahindra 1533 ground issues and won't start #2  
I am not sure I understand your "fix". Did you replace anything to connect back to the battery (changed out terminal? wire brushing? wire replacement?)
So these wires have a tendency to corrode internally.
Replace the entire ground wire and see if that fixes it.

/ Mahindra 1533 ground issues and won't start #3  
You can use a jumper cable to go from the frame to the negative side of the battery to test the negative cable.
I just had to replace my negative cable due to no start, it looked fine and Ohmed fine but wouldn't allow necessary current to flow. Destructive testing of the cable revealed a fine powder around the copper strands and that the crimped on ends are tin coated brass, brass has zinc in it and copper and zinc will galvanically react to form corrosion. Not sure why the manufacturer would use brass for the crimps.