Mahindra 2216 HST leak

/ Mahindra 2216 HST leak #1  

ffcarp81

Tractor
Mahindra 2216
I have a 2011 model 2216 HST. I have a hydrostatic leak coming from around the hydrostatic pump. Pump still has pressure as the tractor still moves, losing about 1/5 gallon of fluid in a minute. I believe it is possibly coming from one of the seals or tubes just off the pump. Unfortunately, you can't see much under there. I would think that if the pump cracked due to the cold, it wouldn't have pressure and the tractor wouldn't move. Part # 19631301000 is the pump at a cost of $7220.00 the other parts are a few hundred dollars each. Looking at the manual it appears that you have to break the tractor in half to access the pump. So I went to my local dealer and they told me $1000 to tear it apart and tell me what is wrong and that price includes man hours to put it back together. The dealer said if it is the pump they can get a re-manufactured pump but they aren't sure the price, i would guess that it's going to be $2500 approximately, but that is a wild guess. My question is, how much is a 2216 hst with 837 hours on worth? I have looked online to see what they are selling for but only found one that sold at an auction in July for $4000. If that's the case, it wouldn't be worth it to repair it. Any help is appreciated

/ Mahindra 2216 HST leak #2  
It truly your decision, it's whether you believe you want to invest that in your tractor or not. if you love the tractor it would probably be cheaper to fix it then buy a new 1. if you aren't in love with the tractor. then maybe it's time for something new.