Mahindra 2555 big problems

/ Mahindra 2555 big problems #1  

GlennH

Tractor
Mahindra 2555
I have been working on and off on my Mahindra 2555 for months now. I had a bad knock and a lot of white smoke. Could not determine the problem. Finally, this week I removed the engine and found that cylinder 2 and 3 the connecting rod bearings were totally gone. Cylinder 1 was fine. To my knowledge the tractor never ran hot on me. However, letting other people use the tractor, may be a different story. What I cannot get my head wrapped around is they disintegrated all the way to the connecting rod. I have already ordered all new pistons, sleeves rods crankshaft all the parts so I will put it back together. My question is why. It always had oil and oil changes. I tested the oil pump, and it seems to be fine. I spun it a high speed and it pumps oil fine in a bucket of oil. Does anyone have an idea of what may have happened? Also, the crankshaft bearings were fine.
My last question is about gaskets. When I removed the oil pan, and front cover i noticed there was on gaskets there just RTV. When I look at the Mahindra parts catalog they show no gaskets. So, my question what type of gasket RTV should I buy. I only want to do this once.