Mahindra 2555 PTO Seal Replacement

/ Mahindra 2555 PTO Seal Replacement #1  

RanchSpy

Tractor
Kubota B7800, Mahindra 2555H
I need to replace my PTO seal, but can't find any video help to guide me. Has anyone done one of these
and could offer a tutorial on how to remove and replace the oil seal. I have the service manual, but it
is useless. Thanks in advance.

/ Mahindra 2555 PTO Seal Replacement #2  
What does your service manual say? There are usually only a couple possible ways for the seal to be removed and replaced.

Rather hoping yours is the easy way.

/ Mahindra 2555 PTO Seal Replacement
Servic manual only has schematics, no narrative. I have seen videos of the drill, screw and pry method. Is this the best first try method?
Thanks.

/ Mahindra 2555 PTO Seal Replacement #4  
Servic manual only has schematics, no narrative. I have seen videos of the drill, screw and pry method. Is this the best first try method?
Thanks.
Not if it simply has a retaining collar you unbolt or unscrew, nor if it has to be pulled from the inside...

/ Mahindra 2555 PTO Seal Replacement #5  
Not familiar with your make but on mine, you remove the back (pto cover) and remove and replace the seal from the inside. Not an involved job but on mine, I need to drain the gearbox fluid. I've done that seal before. Not complex.

/ Mahindra 2555 PTO Seal Replacement
Apparently mine is the one you drill, screw and pry to remove. Then you just tap a new one in. See diagram. Thanks to all.

Attachments

• 20211007_152326.jpg
    20211007_152326.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 165
   / Mahindra 2555 PTO Seal Replacement #7  
There are several you tube vids out there on this, I have replaced mine on my 2810 and need to replace it on my 2538, The drill and screw method works fine. If you jack up the rear end you wont lose much hydro fluid.

/ Mahindra 2555 PTO Seal Replacement #8  
@RanchSpy How did the job go? I am in the process of purchasing a preowned 2555CL and I noticed it has oil around the PTO shaft and on the hitch bar, so I am thinking I am in for the same job. Was it what you were expecting? From the diagram you posted it looks like you remove 24 & 23 and then do the drill / screw / pry method for 22? Any input / tips tricks on this job is appreciated! Thank you.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Misc Automobile Shock Absorbers, (A33079)
Misc Automobile...
Air Tow Trailer (A32803)
Air Tow Trailer...
2004 Sterling Acterra Container Carrier Truck (A32932)
2004 Sterling...
GOOSENECK FLATBED TRAILER W/DOVETAIL & RAMPS (A34011)
GOOSENECK FLATBED...
Massey Ferguson 1150 Salvage Tractor (A33041)
Massey Ferguson...
Pallet of Signs, Stands, Ropes and Misc. (A34007)
Pallet of Signs...