Mahindra 2565

/ Mahindra 2565 #1  

blitzen

Silver Member
Tractor
2006 TYM T700
Looking for a larger tractor and found the Mahindra 2565 cab tractor. I can't afford new and don't want to finance if I don't have to. Does anyone have any experience with this tractor model? I have done some research and it seems most are satisfied with their tractor. Do you find this model of tractor-dependable, reliable, Would you buy a used one? I can get by just fine with what I have but was thinking it might be nice to plow snow in a cab. Personal experience is greatly appreciated. TIA!.

/ Mahindra 2565 #2  
I have only had my 2565 a few months. So far I love it. There is a Facebook group for the 2500 series tractors. You could ask there. Its a new group so not a lot of members yet but very helpful.

/ Mahindra 2565
Thanks for your reply! Dave

/ Mahindra 2565 #4  
I realize this is a late post, but hopefully it might help.

I have the 2555 cab shuttle, I believe almost everything is roughly the same as the 2565, except the additional10hp - my 2555 has the upgraded cat2 pto and if I recall they both use the same engine, just tuned differently.

That said, I've had the 2555 for about 4 years and have put right around 2,000 hours on it - I know, that isn't really that much. Regardless, though, here is what I've come across during these 4 years.

Unless you really like buying hydraulic oil, one of the first things you need to do is pull out the hex screws that are in the unused hydraulic ports of the block that is by the step into the cab. Clean them off good and put a small drop of locktite on them and put them back in the block. At about 200 hrs, mine wiggled a little loose, and I lost almost all of the fluid while I was cutting hay one day.

Next, understand that the 2500 & 2600 series (25/2655 & 65) are made by TYM. I'm not saying that is a bad thing, parts were a bit easier to find during COVID. Just letting you know. One of the biggest differences between the two TYM made 55 & 65hp, the 2600 series units have the addition of an extra rear hydraulic port (2 instead of one), and the addition of pto draft control. BTW, the 2600 series was only made for 2 years (2018 - 2020), according to Tractor data.

As far as function, my 2555 does what I bought it for, primarily for cutting, tedding & raking but also for other cat1/2 implements. I use a tym 110hp for bailing and other cat3 functions.

Hydraulics, they are responsive (unless you don't catch the hex screws backing out), and for this size, right up there with the big boys of this size in regard to power/lifting capabilities. I don't believe the 2565 has/had the option for a hydrostatic transmission (or whatever it's called these days), which hasn't been a want or desire for me anyway. The shuttle shift is very responsive but does require using the clutch for all actions (unlike some power shift models that only require the clutch for gear selection, fwd & Rev can be used without using the clutch) - this can be tiresome if you have a full day of loading to do.

Creature comforts, the air/heat works very well. The lights are okay, but are better if replaced by a light bar on front & rear. Windshield wipers/washers sort of work, but a good cleaning when it's put to bed for the day is much better.

Weight, the back end feels light, I filled my rears, which seemed to help a lot. Access to maintenance items is acceptable at best. Mahindra/TYM must have figured spending another couple of bucks to allow the hood to come up another 4-5 inches wasn't worth doing. Pulling the sides is a pita.

Hopefully, this might help you as you are looking at this size tractor.

/ Mahindra 2565
I realize this is a late post, but hopefully it might help.

I have the 2555 cab shuttle, I believe almost everything is roughly the same as the 2565, except the additional10hp - my 2555 has the upgraded cat2 pto and if I recall they both use the same engine, just tuned differently.

That said, I've had the 2555 for about 4 years and have put right around 2,000 hours on it - I know, that isn't really that much. Regardless, though, here is what I've come across during these 4 years.

Unless you really like buying hydraulic oil, one of the first things you need to do is pull out the hex screws that are in the unused hydraulic ports of the block that is by the step into the cab. Clean them off good and put a small drop of locktite on them and put them back in the block. At about 200 hrs, mine wiggled a little loose, and I lost almost all of the fluid while I was cutting hay one day.

Next, understand that the 2500 & 2600 series (25/2655 & 65) are made by TYM. I'm not saying that is a bad thing, parts were a bit easier to find during COVID. Just letting you know. One of the biggest differences between the two TYM made 55 & 65hp, the 2600 series units have the addition of an extra rear hydraulic port (2 instead of one), and the addition of pto draft control. BTW, the 2600 series was only made for 2 years (2018 - 2020), according to Tractor data.

As far as function, my 2555 does what I bought it for, primarily for cutting, tedding & raking but also for other cat1/2 implements. I use a tym 110hp for bailing and other cat3 functions.

Hydraulics, they are responsive (unless you don't catch the hex screws backing out), and for this size, right up there with the big boys of this size in regard to power/lifting capabilities. I don't believe the 2565 has/had the option for a hydrostatic transmission (or whatever it's called these days), which hasn't been a want or desire for me anyway. The shuttle shift is very responsive but does require using the clutch for all actions (unlike some power shift models that only require the clutch for gear selection, fwd & Rev can be used without using the clutch) - this can be tiresome if you have a full day of loading to do.

Creature comforts, the air/heat works very well. The lights are okay, but are better if replaced by a light bar on front & rear. Windshield wipers/washers sort of work, but a good cleaning when it's put to bed for the day is much better.

Weight, the back end feels light, I filled my rears, which seemed to help a lot. Access to maintenance items is acceptable at best. Mahindra/TYM must have figured spending another couple of bucks to allow the hood to come up another 4-5 inches wasn't worth doing. Pulling the sides is a pita.

Hopefully, this might help you as you are looking at this size tractor.
Thanks Chris, I looked at the 2565 it was decent but also looked at a one owner TYM T-700 with 636 hours vs. 1200 plus hours on the Mahindra 2565. I bought the T-700 both are TYM tractors one with a John Deere engine and the Mahindra had the Mahindra motor. So far so good the T-700 is a beast of a tractor compared to my New Holland t-2410, which I really liked. I am happy with the cab on this tractor. minus 5 out today and very warm in the cab. Thanks again for your informative post...

/ Mahindra 2565 #6  
Looking for a larger tractor and found the Mahindra 2565 cab tractor. I can't afford new and don't want to finance if I don't have to. Does anyone have any experience with this tractor model? I have done some research and it seems most are satisfied with their tractor. Do you find this model of tractor-dependable, reliable, Would you buy a used one? I can get by just fine with what I have but was thinking it might be nice to plow snow in a cab. Personal experience is greatly appreciated. TIA!.

I had some things go badly with less than 500 hours. The engine light comes on as the Emissions becomes loaded down with carbon on the EGR valve. I replaced the valve at a cost of $826.39, the starter went bad, another $700, the clutch went $3150. I would not say it is cheap to keep it up. The dealership put the new crank seal in backwards when they did the clutch. They covered it but it was gone another 2.5 weeks. If you really need it to perform I would keep looking. I do use the loader with high lo forks so much it is stunning. Great capacity for doing work, just not that reliable.