Price Check Mahindra 2655 shuttle shift

/ Mahindra 2655 shuttle shift #1  

BrokeFarmerJohn

Veteran Member
Tractor
2017 Mahindra 5555, John Blue G-1000, Massey Ferguson 98, John Deere GP
I found a 2017 2655 shuttle shift open station Mahindra tractor that’s pretty reasonable on price ($23,000). It’s got less than 5 hours on the clock. Original owner passed away and bought it for hay, current owner wants to down size. I’m suspicious he decided to downsize tractor after only using it a few hours, total hours on machine is 4.8.

Any issues to watch out with on this model? Is this model one to stay away from?

It’s got ag tires on it which I’m not a huge fan of, still better than R4 tires. It’s a shuttle shift which I would prefer HST but this tractor is 4-5k less than HST models, I don’t think it will bother me enough to justify the extra expense.

I have had a JD cabbed 4320 (48hp) HST tractor in the past and found myself saying I wouldn’t want any smaller of tractor, so this size of tractor is more what I would like. So size isn’t too big for what I want. I found the 4320 would barely lift everything I asked of it and found myself wanting it’s loader (400x) to lift higher.

Two things I always said is I had to do it over I would buy an open station and slightly bigger tractor.

Is the shuttle shift on the 2655 fully synchronized? I can’t seem to find that info.

Tractor will be used mainly for loader work, maybe some mowing also, I did hay with the 4320 in the past and don’t have plans to get back into hay lol. Thanks for all the info.

IMG_6537.JPGIMG_6538.JPG

/ Mahindra 2655 shuttle shift #2  
I have the 2565 with shuttle shift, it has worked fine so far but I only have about 130 hrs on it. The high/med/low transmission on mine isn't synchronized but the 1 thru 4 transmission is. I don't see any need for both to be synchronized.

I'm not a fan of HST so I will let others comment on that. There are a couple other threads on TBN about 2555's having HST problems, you might read the threads.

/ Mahindra 2655 shuttle shift
I have the 2565 with shuttle shift, it has worked fine so far but I only have about 130 hrs on it. The high/med/low transmission on mine isn't synchronized but the 1 thru 4 transmission is. I don't see any need for both to be synchronized.

I'm not a fan of HST so I will let others comment on that. There are a couple other threads on TBN about 2555's having HST problems, you might read the threads.

Thanks, I looked up the 2655 and didn’t find much info. I’ll look up the 2555.

You talk like you don’t care for the 2655, would you have rather bought another tractor?

What’s really got my eye is the loader, 2565 has awesome loader specs.

Last edited:
   / Mahindra 2655 shuttle shift #4  
I have the 2565. I知 not sure what gave you the impression I don稚 like it because I really do enjoy it. It痴 been a good tractor with no problems.