Mahindra 26XL won't start

/ Mahindra 26XL won't start #1  

dramby

Tractor
International 606 l, Massey TO35, Allis Chalmers HD6
Hello all. I have a problem with a Mahindra Max 26XL I got from a neighbor. Tractor only has 293 hours on it. When cold the engine will turn over but not crank. Checked the bar connecting the glow plugs and it is only reading in millivolts. If I disconnect the terminal from the bar and recheck the terminal, it is reading 12V. Wire brushed the connector and the bar, but still not getting anything after hooking it back up. Seems like when attached to the glow plug bar the terminal looses power. Has anyone else dealt with this?

/ Mahindra 26XL won't start #2  
Probably the best thing to do is check with the neighbo to see if it happened to them, snd, if so, what they may have already done to try to fix it.

Might be a brand new problem, of course, but it may save you some time if they’ve already done things to try to remedy it.

/ Mahindra 26XL won't start #3  

common issue

/ Mahindra 26XL won't start
The terminal shows right at 12 volts as long as it is not hooked to the glowplug bar. After reattaching to the bar it drops to nothing.

/ Mahindra 26XL won't start #5  
Either you have a high resistance somewhere in your wiring and the voltage drop is there as the glow plugs have a very low resistance or one or more glow plugs have failed. Glow plugs may fail open but sometimes they fail as a dead short. One or more may be shorted internally. The high resistance could be in the glow plug controller or relay itself. Some troubleshooting will be involved.

/ Mahindra 26XL won't start #6  
Hello all. I have a problem with a Mahindra Max 26XL I got from a neighbor. Tractor only has 293 hours on it. When cold the engine will turn over but not crank. Checked the bar connecting the glow plugs and it is only reading in millivolts. If I disconnect the terminal from the bar and recheck the terminal, it is reading 12V. Wire brushed the connector and the bar, but still not getting anything after hooking it back up. Seems like when attached to the glow plug bar the terminal looses power. Has anyone else dealt with this?
I have seen the female spade terminal melt the plastic housing and not make contact with he glow plug connection, so I would change the female spade connector, put a ring terminal in is place and install under the nut on the glow plug with the male spade terminal

/ Mahindra 26XL won't start #7  
start by cutting off the spade connector on the glow plug rail and crimping on another one... that was my problem...