mahindra 2810 $$$$

/ mahindra 2810 $$$$ #1  

Joker

I would just like to say Hi. I have been lurking here on TBN for quite sometime and have really enjoyed all of the informative posts that I have read. I think I am getting closer to buying a tractor. I have a few questions.
1) 2810 Mahindra w/ FEL (Bush Hog brand), 5' Bush Hog rottary cutter & a 5' box blade for $15,500.00. Is this a fair deal?
2) LK3054 Kioti w/ FEL, 5' rottary cutter, and 5' box blade for $14,500. Is this a fair deal?
3) What is the best deal and what are the main differences?

Thanks in advance.

/ mahindra 2810 $$$$ #2  
Joker -

I posted a reply under the "Kioti" board for you. Just as a friendly FYI, most of the folks who frequent TBN search/read multiple boards, so it isn't necessary to post the same message in multiple locations. Be assured , even if its in one place, folks will definitely find it! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ mahindra 2810 $$$$ #3  
Ryan,
I'm just down the road from you (north of Tulsa) and I took delivery of a Mahindra 2810 on June 1. I had also looked at the Kioti's but the Mahindra just felt more spacious and better layed-out behind the wheel. I only talked to one Kioti dealer and he just didn't seem too motivated to deal. I'm confident either one is a better value and much stronger tractor than any of the big 3.

When I was shopping I felt overwhelmed just trying to compare the various brands, let alone the "package deals", so I finally decided to try and simplify it by focusing on just the tractor and FEL. After I decided and bargained on the tractor, I brought up the brush hog and box blade just before finalizing the deal.

I gave $13,900 for the tractor with R4 tires and FEL from a dealer in Ft Gibson. He threw in a 5' brush hog and 5' box blade for another $700 ($14,500 all total). Neither implement is a major brand name but so far I'm perfectly happy with both. I had talked by phone with a dealer in Edmond - I think he was a couple hundred higher on his tractor but is probably a more reliable dealership.

/ mahindra 2810 $$$$ #4  
When I was shopping the local Mahindra dealer quoted a price of $15,700 for the 2810 w/ r1's, FEL, 5' cutter and 16' trailer. Did not like the loader setup on the machine and did not have faith in the dealership (Looked to be like a here today gone tomorrow type of place.)

/ mahindra 2810 $$$$ #5  
I sell both and they are both priced fairly. Pay the extra $1000 for the Mahindra for the flat roomier work station, 12-speed shuttle vs 8-speed, much smoother sycronization of transmission, better turning radius, tilt steering, no added cost for industrial or turf tires, easier access to engine compartment for service, rear work light, crank-style 3 pt hitch leveling vs cumbersome twist type, and over- much nicer tractor.

/ mahindra 2810 $$$$
Thanks for the replys. I think I will go with the 2810, I just like the style better and the dealer was real nice. I test drove the 2810 and was amazed at the turning radius. Kioti is supposed to come out with some new compacts, so if they are out by the time I get ready to buy then I might look at them. But right now the Mahindra 2810 is the one I would pick right now.