Mahindra 3616 3rd function

/ Mahindra 3616 3rd function #1  

shaeff

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF Utility 35 Gasser, JLG LJ500
All,

I'm installing a W.R. Long 3rd function valve for a friend of mine. Directions state that for this machine, a Mahindra 3616 TLB, that you plumb the Power Beyond to the 3rd function, then from the 3rd function valve back to the factory spool. This is pretty simple, I just want to confirm 100% that I'm looking at it right because I've found no other pictures of the factory Mahindra valve (which is a Cross USA valve)

There is a clearly marked BYD on the valve, I just want to make sure it's the hose that it looks like before going any further. Picture attached, thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• Mahindra Loader Valve.jpg
    Mahindra Loader Valve.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 189
Last edited:
   / Mahindra 3616 3rd function #2  
Here's what the loader manual has. Hope this helps.
valv1.JPG

valve2.JPG

/ Mahindra 3616 3rd function #3  
Take off the existing power beyond hose and hook it to your "OUT" Port on the 3rd function valve. new hose from the loader Power Beyond port to the "In" Port of the 3rd function valve. the rest should be fairly simple. the Original power beyond on the loader valve sends fluid to the rear 3 point hitch valve. your just essentially adding a valve in series(think that's the right term).
i have the service manual for the 3016/3616, it think there is a manual for the factory aux valve in with it...... let me know i can send you a quick PM or email if need.

/ Mahindra 3616 3rd function
Here's what the loader manual has. Hope this helps.
View attachment 738578
View attachment 738579

Awesome, so according to that second diagram, the power beyond port is BELOW where it's stamped BYD on my picture.
Take off the existing power beyond hose and hook it to your "OUT" Port on the 3rd function valve. new hose from the loader Power Beyond port to the "In" Port of the 3rd function valve. the rest should be fairly simple. the Original power beyond on the loader valve sends fluid to the rear 3 point hitch valve. your just essentially adding a valve in series(think that's the right term).
i have the service manual for the 3016/3616, it think there is a manual for the factory aux valve in with it...... let me know i can send you a quick PM or email if need.
Right, I understand where the hydraulic lines are supposed to go, I was curious which is actually the power beyond port on the loader spool valve. "BYD" is stamped in an odd location and it looks like it could be adjacent to two of the lines. I just needed to know which line is actually the power beyond.

/ Mahindra 3616 3rd function #5  
So looking at your first pic you posted, i think the Power Beyond port is to the bottom of BYD in that pic. the port is kinda off the side of the valve. looks similar to my 3016 that i had.
follow that hose. it should go back to the rear somewhere for the 3 point lift. the pictures that lagolan posted is also correct.

So looking at your first pic you posted, i think the Power Beyond port is to the bottom of BYD in that pic. the port is kinda off the side of the valve. looks similar to my 3016 that i had.
follow that hose. it should go back to the rear somewhere for the 3 point lift. the pictures that lagolan posted is also correct.

Nice, thanks again for the clarification.

To follow up on this, y'all were correct about the PB port location. Got the grapple all plumbed up and ready to rock. I appreciate you guys!

Edit: pic snapped before he brought me the correct couplers to attach to the 3rd function valve. That was the last step, as he ordered it with the wrong couplers.

Attachments

• Mah.Grpl.jpg
    Mah.Grpl.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 81