Mahindra 4550 hard starting after sitting idle

/ Mahindra 4550 hard starting after sitting idle #1  

svendawg

Tractor
Mahindra 4550
My tractor recently started having a hard starting issue after it sits for about an hour of use. It starts fine when cold. Runs great while doing work around the farm
But when I shut it off and do some stuff for about an hour, it either starts right away, run for about a 30 seconds to a minute then shuts off. Then it's really hard starting till it fires up again. Almost to the point the battery is getting low. The other scenario is I return to the tractor after it has been sitting and it's hard starting form the get go. I really have to cranking the engine for it to finally start. Not good for my starter or battery.
It makes me nervous because I'm working way back in the woods where I can't get a trailer in there if it won't start.
I've checked all the fuel lines for leaks but found nothing. It's like when it sits for a while it looses fuel pressure. Not really sure how Diesel engine fuel systems work.
Doesn't make sense because it always fires right up first thing in the morning.

/ Mahindra 4550 hard starting after sitting idle #2  
I believe you have a fuel shut off solenoid and/or a relay. Sometimes those can malfunction when they get hot (from use or near heat from the engine). Not familiar with your model, so no hints as to where it's located. (Relay could be in one of the fuse boxes)

I'm sure there are additional reasons for your tractor to act up, but those are the first 2 things that came to my mind.

Please keep us posted on your progress