Mahindra 5010 - no start

/ Mahindra 5010 - no start #1  

dl744tga

Tractor
Mahindra 5010
Was bush hogging and tractor ran fine for about 2 hours ... sputtered like the bush hog was bogging down - it wasn't - then rpms came back up, did this for about 3 times and I tried to get back to the shop. Tractor died, acted like a no fuel issue. Fuse to electric fuel pump by the tank is fine, replaced entire fuel filter assembly and new filter, drained diesel tank and put in new diesel, have fresh diesel in the fuel filter bowl. Engine will crank but not re-start. Very new tractor owner and not a great mechanic, but will to try yo fix the. Any help or suggestions? Thanks

/ Mahindra 5010 - no start #2  
Not trying to add insult to injury, but what have you done so far in attempt to bleed the system out since all this took place? Have you confirmed power to, and operation of the fuel stop solenoid?

Just generic opening questions.

/ Mahindra 5010 - no start #3  
Does it have an inline electric fuel pump?

/ Mahindra 5010 - no start #4  
As Harry states, the system has to be bled after replacing filters, or when run dry for whatever reason.
Bleeding procedures vary by manufacturer and fuel delivery system.
My tractor is bled by opening a bleeder valve on the final filter housing and turning the key to the run position (not started) until fuel flows from the valve. My zero turns are self bleeding by leaving the key in the run position for a minute or so. Most machines that I am familiar with that have an electric lift pump will bleed in a similar fashion. Some may require cracking knobs at each injector.

/ Mahindra 5010 - no start
Problem ended up being the Dae Woo electric fuel pump (Mahindra part # 16999052300) - and of course, no one had one in stock within 300 miles (thank you Mahindra for such strong owner support!) - but with a little ingenuity and a few on line searches - I was able to locate a NAPA in line electric fuel pump. Spliced OEM connector from the dead OEM electric pump onto the new NAPA electric pump using solder and heat shrink connecters before climbing back under the tractor, connected fuel lines, turned the key to "ON", new electric pump energized, glow plugs came up to heat and bam - all four cylinders roared to life. Glad to be able to finish the bush hogging and extremely disappointed with the lack of owner support from Mahindra due to its lack of dealerships and those that are, their poor parts/service areas!

/ Mahindra 5010 - no start #6  
If it's any consolation, I have replaced a few electric lift pumps on Kubota diesel mowers, and I would never buy an OEM pump. After market is definitely the way to go!