Mahindra 5035 bows

/ Mahindra 5035 bows #1  

thearizonarancher

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5035
Mahindra 5035 bows

I have a Mahindra 5035 and it did it again. If the ground isn't perfectly level, the tractor bows in the direction that is lowest. I have a fear that the Mahindra 5035 is going to tip over for no reason. I had a Kioti before and never ever had an issue with tipping so I am confused. Same property and same basic tasks. I just had to up over a berm to fill a coyote hole under the fence and got the scare that really worries me. Is there an adjustment to stop this or can the suspension be welded to stop this?

Okay I know dumb post but I thought I was going to be under the **** thing. Comments please and Merry Christmas! :confused2:

/ Mahindra 5035 bows #2  
Look at a garden tractor front axle. You will see that it is pivoted in the middle and each wheel can move up and down like its a teeter totter. There are stops which limit how far the axle can pivot.This design is to allow it to follow the ground profile and provide steering.
The rear axle is solid. It does not pivot. It keeps the tractor from tipping to either side.
The rear axle is helped by the operators weight over the rear axle.

Your description of filling a coyote hole makes me think you have a front end loader.

Farm tractor axles are the same as the garden tractor's. Front axle pivots within limits. Rear axle is not going to tilt sideways at all.

The big important variable is weight and where it is on the tractor. My fat *** on a garden tractor's seat makes it very stable on sloped ground.

If you have a front end loader with a bucket load of gravel and rear wheels with no ballast in them and no weight on the 3 pt hitch, there will be very little weight on the rear axle and the tractor will pivot on the tilting front axle and scare the crap out of you. The higher you have the bucket with weight in it the worse it gets and fast.

If you ballast the rear tires, which means fill them with an approved liquid and have a ballast box of substantial weight on the 3 pt hitch and you keep the 3 pt hitch close to the ground, and don't travel with the front end loader bucket more than a few inches above the ground, now the rear axle will resist any attempt within reason of the tractor tilting.

You can also buy for some tractors, rear wheel spacers which move the rear wheels out several inches further from the tractor center line this marking it more resistant to tilting.

If my explanation does not make sense please ask more questions. You can be killed as you are realizing.

If your tractor has a roll over bar use it and the seat belt. If the tractor tips it will be a minor accident compared to one where you fly off and are crushed.

Dave M7040