Price Check Mahindra financing and price check

/ Mahindra financing and price check #11  
I have found that the bigger a company is, the more likely it is that the left hand has absolutely no idea what the right had is doing. :confused2: What I found with Mahindra when I purchased my 7520 was that they would and did stand by what was offered on the website. :cool: :thumbsup:

/ Mahindra financing and price check #12  
dealers must think potential customers are just stupid, for months i have driven by the local mahindra dealer and seeing a unit i thought was something i would like, i stopped in just "kicking tires' and checking prices. never did get the price on it, seems the price depends on how i plan to pay, i can't understand that, seems the price would be ???? then if you take 0% the bottom numbers would be???? or so on and so on....couldn't get a straight answer and hope not to be back there.....best of luck to you....it's a jungle out there

/ Mahindra financing and price check #13  
dealers must think potential customers are just stupid, for months i have driven by the local mahindra dealer and seeing a unit i thought was something i would like, i stopped in just "kicking tires' and checking prices. never did get the price on it, seems the price depends on how i plan to pay, i can't understand that, seems the price would be ???? then if you take 0% the bottom numbers would be???? or so on and so on....couldn't get a straight answer and hope not to be back there.....best of luck to you....it's a jungle out there

X amount of money has to be made or you go out of business. So if you want 0% financing, the price is going to be higher than say with a 5% loan. And then cash is king and will get you the best possible price. There are always exceptions, but in general that is how it has to work or everyone would end up going out of business.

/ Mahindra financing and price check #14  

I understand it, the price the dealer pays for the tractor from the company, depends on how you plan to pay for it.

/ Mahindra financing and price check #15  
I too have plans to buy a Mahindra 4530 FEL package as soon as I find a good deal.

So what did you end up buying? the 4530...?

Yikes I have a lot of reading to do to buy before the end of the year

smile

/ Mahindra financing and price check #16  
Hello all,

Want to trade my 3510 HST for a 5530 shuttle. Can anyone tell me what the 4530 and 5530 4 wheel shuttle is going for new with loader. Also, Mahindra's website shows three different options for finance, 0 % and $1000 back on select models, 4.25% and $2000 back or regular financing and $2500 back. The dealer I'm dealing with doesn't know anything about these options even though I showed him the webpage, or so he says. Unless I'm way out in left field its as it says, 0% finance for 60 months and $1000 back off the price of the tractor, etc. Am I right?

Thanks for your input.
Ben

Ben watch look listen most dealers are about like a married man , they would climb a tree and tell a lie rather than stand straight and tell the truth , the service you get afterwards makes the tractor most of the time. holt 50

/ Mahindra financing and price check
Well Guys,

I haven't done much with it since I posted. I still want to trade, but have miss-givings about both dealers I have spoken with. I understand that they have to make money to survive, but I have to believe they know what Mahindra's policy is. I always try to think the best of people until they prove me wrong, but I have to think they were going to put that money in their pocket on top of the trade. Oh how I long for the old days when a mans word was his bond and the "golden rule" was still taught in school. World sure was a better place then. What happened to honesty??? Bottom line is I'm going to wait until after the holidays and see what happens.
Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone!!

/ Mahindra financing and price check #18  
Well Guys,

I haven't done much with it since I posted. I still want to trade, but have miss-givings about both dealers I have spoken with. I understand that they have to make money to survive, but I have to believe they know what Mahindra's policy is. I always try to think the best of people until they prove me wrong, but I have to think they were going to put that money in their pocket on top of the trade. Oh how I long for the old days when a mans word was his bond and the "golden rule" was still taught in school. World sure was a better place then. What happened to honesty??? Bottom line is I'm going to wait until after the holidays and see what happens.
Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone!!

The plans change often, and the plans differ on each model line, and sometimes even within a model line. The plans for a 4530 are different than a 5530, and they are different then they were a month ago. Generally it isn't an honesty issue, it's just a much tougher question to answer then you might think. We try to have a matrix that is pages and pages long to help our sales guys. Each model has multiple prices because discounts apply differently based on how you buy it, and even if it has a loader or not will affect a discount. If you just use a certain base price for each tractor, lets say cost plus 5%, and then go through all the options without changing the base mark-up on all the models, you would have perhaps 150-200 different prices. Then start adding implements and it gets crazy.

Even so, if you asked me for a price, I'd try to narrow down if you are a cash buyer or financed, and what are your goals. Small down payment? 0%, small monthly? If you say, just give me all the options, then we do that but it actually takes us a few minutes to crank out estimates that account for the differences.

In a way, I wish it were simpler. But then again, people like options. It's not fair to quote the same price to a cash buyer as to a guy wanting 0%. Otherwise the cash guy is subsidizing the 0% guy.

Anyway, just have a little patience and tell them what you want and let them try to make that happen.

/ Mahindra financing and price check #19  
If they can't be straight with you on a sale, What are they going to do on warranty work???? I work hard for my money and I'm sure you do too. Go somewhere else.;)

/ Mahindra financing and price check #20  
Throw in the multiple financers (Agricredit, Mahindra, and others) and you are pretty much at the dealers mercy. You have to hope he will give you the best options. Seems too much like buying a car these days. I hate it!
I recently saw a baler advertised for $16000 and looked at the web site, saw 0% financing, called the dealer and the price jumped to $18000. I just paid cash for used. Too complicated!
Also don't understand why if I am borrowing money from say Farm Credit Services the price changes? Maybe someone can explain...Does it not work like using my local bank? Are dealers held in recourse?
Also don't dealers actually make a portion from the "sale" of a finance contract?

Last edited: