Mahindra info for Slippy

/ Mahindra info for Slippy #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hey Slippy, I finally remembered to look at the clog indicater/switch. The switch is in the air intake tube just past the air filter box. Probably somewhat like a mass airflow sensor would be my guess. The indicator is the center light on the warning light row on the panel. Another item I have not found yet on the tractor that is shown on the wiring diagram is the "music socket". To plug in a stereo system??? I can report that I filled the rear tires with WW fluid Sunday, took about three hours using a bucket, drill pump and couple pieces of garden hose and the fill adapter from Tracor Supply. Took 37 gallons per side, which got me some strange looks at walmart when I bought 13 cases of the stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I have also welded three chain hooks to the top of the bucket for lifting stuff. Works great! Chet

/ Mahindra info for Slippy #2  
Hey Chet: Thanks for info. I pulled my book and looked at the diagram. Will now locate on tractor. I also see the music socket notation. It appears it should be on the right fender somewhere. Will check that out also. What did it cost to add fluid to tires and how much weight did you gain? I put wheel weights on mine, two on each side. Also, been reading posts about the chain hooks. What kind did you go with and where did you locate them? I just ordered a tooth bar for mine loader bucket and figure I can use that instead. Have you used your tractor in the mud? I am adding a lean-to on the back of my barn and it has been really muddy. Standing water. My 11 year old son convinced me that I should go back to work doing my grading and that the mud would not be a problem. Well, he was right, I pulled a full load of heavy wet mud in my box scraper and barely spun a tire. Got the work almost done even in the mud. Could not believe it.

/ Mahindra info for Slippy
Slippy, I just welded standard 3/8" chain hooks on the top of the bucket, one in the center, one one each end about 6" in from the end, using 7014 rod. The bucket on mine may not look exactly like yours, but that's all I have ever used to lift stuff with chains, including large round bales and equipment. I have seen some folks weld the hooks to a plate and then bolt the plate to the top of the bucket to add strength, but I have yet to bend a bucket or break a welded hook off. The fluid cost was 74 gallonsX94cents a gallon, plus tax, so about $70. also spent about ten bucks on the fill adapter and drill pump. I don't know the exact weight of Wallie Worlds brand of WW fluid (O degree protection), but I estimate that 37 gallons should have added close to 300 pounds per tire, spent about three hours on the whole job last Sunday afternoon. I have only put 4 hours on the tractor as of yet, I really won't put it to some serious work until I start square bailing in late May. I did go into a fairly wet field and had to cross a ditch with water in it to get to a JD 39N sickle bar for resurrection ( a whole 'nother story) but had no problems and that was before I put the fluid in. I did have the rear tires spin when I was trying to push a large dead tree trunk around to pile it up next to the burn pile, but I have not gone back to that chore since I put the fluid in, although I am sure having the weight will always be a plus with the front end loader mounted! I agree that the "music socket" should be near the rt rear of the tractor but I have not looked for it yet, and I don't know that I have ever seen a toothbar, does it go on the digging edge? Glad to hear yours is working so well for you! Chet