Oil & Fuel Mahindra Max - fuel supply issues

/ Mahindra Max - fuel supply issues #11  
Not sure about all the Max models but mine has a fine mesh filter in the fuel fill on the tank. Think it would be hard to get anything Into the tank. Won稚 solve sludge or algae issues though

/ Mahindra Max - fuel supply issues #12  
Could you please list all the parts needed for this conversion.
I'm no expert but will like to implement something like this to prevent these issues in the future.

"Rubber O ring and brass nipple."

In addition to the mesh screen fitting, you'd need a 1/4" MPT (male pipe thread) x barb fitting. They look like this and you can get them at about anyplace that sells pipe fittings (Lowe's for example).

iu

This screws into the mesh screen fitting that goes into the tank. Seal the threads with some pipe dope or teflon tape. Your fuel hose goes on the barb part with a hose clamp.

The O ring is simply one out of a kit of O rings I keep in my tool box. One that fits over the mesh screen and makes a good seal where that fitting goes in the fuel tank.

image_19812.jpg

382 Piece O-Ring Assortment

/ Mahindra Max - fuel supply issues #13  
Item 14 is the fuel filter. It is a pretty fine mesh. Be pretty tough to get something in the tank if it’s in place.

93B9D7BB-1EE8-4EBA-AE3B-E1F3DF119243.png

/ Mahindra Max - fuel supply issues #14  
Item 14 is the fuel filter. It is a pretty fine mesh. Be pretty tough to get something in the tank if it’s in place.

View attachment 662909

Yep....I'd agree that should work. Same thing Honda does with their small engine tanks. But my Yanmar came with a big hole and no screen. Both times my tank plugged, it was bugs.