Buying Advice Mahindra Quality questions

/ Mahindra Quality questions #11  
Check the side-to-side sway of the loader arms with the loader raised and empty. I test drove a very nice model that nearly caused me to lose control on a slope due to the side sway of the loader when empty. I was traveling slowly and the terrain was not smooth and the arms started rocking left and right and I thought heavens forbid this happen with a load.
Mine was like that when delivered. Loader was loose. Tightened all the bolts well and no more sway. Theyre still tight at 1000Hrs. -- 2006 7520 lives outside no rust. Faded paint for sure. Im going to paint it green.
larry

/ Mahindra Quality questions #12  
Im willing to bet that the rust was caused by road salt during transport.

There was another discussion about this happening to a TBN member at a Deere dealership. It seems that they returned his tractor on a rainy day and it got covered with road salt too. He has posted pictures of the damage.
Road salt is nasty stuff if you don't wash it off immediately, and it can make your machine look like a rust bucket real quick.
Im glad we don't use it here in the northwest:D

/ Mahindra Quality questions #13  
2008 Mahindra 5525-- parked out in the elements the first 2 years, now under the carport. Faded red paint, no rust.

/ Mahindra Quality questions #14  
I looked at the Mahindra when I was in the market also. I was also turned off by the same issues you mentioned. I did end up purchasing the Kubota MX5100.

It has set outside for two yrs now and no rust at all. (I am building a lean-to off my garage for it as we speak) it has right at 180 hours on it now and has been used hard, but not abused and i havent had as much as a hiccup out of it. It has bee a great tractor. I am glad I went with Kubota to be honest.

/ Mahindra Quality questions #15  
After reading numerous posts on this forum on pink Mahindras and rust, I am beginning to think it is salt spray. Only issues I have heard about are back north east and Florida. My 6520 has over 600 hours now in a little over 4 years and the paint is still red and spotless.
hugs, Brandi

/ Mahindra Quality questions #16  
I looked at the Mahindra when I was in the market also. I was also turned off by the same issues you mentioned. I did end up purchasing the Kubota MX5100.

I'm another who was turned off by faded paint and rusty spots on a brand new Mahindra sitting on the local dealer's lot. When I questioned the dealer, his reply was, "It's a tractor!" Wrong answer! I ended up purchasing a Kubota too, and I'm glad I did.

/ Mahindra Quality questions #17  
Our new Mahindra didn't have any faded paint, but there are some rust spots on the ROPS where it was welded. I don't think any brand is immune to paint problems, if you go over to the Kubota section there's a long thread about Kubota paint problems.