Mahindra - What's the big deal??

/ Mahindra - What's the big deal?? #11  
Re: Mahindra - What\'s the big deal??

I think every tractor owner should be proud of their purchase. Did not everyone tell their wife that the tractor that they bought was the best on the market! I was lucky enough to have all three Korean tractor dealers close by. In fact the one I bought from had both Branson and Mahindra, so I could compare them side by side. I almost bought a Century 3045, it to is a great tractor, but my preference was not to have the fuel tanks under the steps. I do like the C-50 loader set up because it gives you better access to the engine when the bucket is raised and of course tooless detach. The Mahindra ML112D only takes me 10 minutes to remove and I am slow. The pto hp on the 4110 is less, but you will find that true on most all hydrostat tractors also. It is very handy to be able to push a button and disengage the pto while still moving( as in spreading).The 4110 has a three point hitch lift capacity of 2865 verses Century 2580. Also the ML112D Mahindra FEL has a lift height of 110.25" and 1550 lbs of lift verses Century C-50 with a lift of 102.5" and 1430 lbs of lift. The 4110 comes standard with remote hydraulics . Still one of the most important factors in deciding was the dealer and the price. I do not think anyone could go wrong buying either of these tractors. May the cult be with you!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Mahindra - What's the big deal?? #12  

There are alot of excellent tractors on the market. I actually am a former die hard JD owner with 3 former marriages. What drove me to looking at other brands was primarily price. Granted, I am in the larger size tractor, the 00 series of Mahindra. Granted, I don't know much about the 4110. I do know that if it is comprable down the product line, I have got myself in a 60 hp tractor, canopy, wheel weights, front bush guard, and 511 Bradco backhoe for less than what I could get a quote on a comprable size 5000 series JD with just the loader.
I would be the first to agree that the lay out, leg room, ease of operation is not nearly as nice as JD, and some of the other big names. But I off set that with the price, weight, quality, 3 year warranty, and the dealer considerations. In my case it worked for me and I am hoopla over it. Frankly, if I was going to be operating my tractor everyday, I would probably make a different purchase. The shuttle shift lever on the 00 tractor is mechanical, and is therefore not nearly as effortless to move as the hydro type. But again, in my application, it really fit my bill. I wanted a bigger, more hp tractor, without spending huge dollars.
I am also not cult like wedded to these machines. However, I am an owner who has spent alot of money (I hope invested) in a product that did not get alot of activity on this board, and I was interested in generating it only for informational purposes. As I have said before, I don't get anything from Mahindra but the enjoyment of using a product made by them in the very limited free time I have for myself. If all that was posted was negative about these tractors, there would not be much interest and folks would not communicate about them, whether good or bad. I can tell you that I have had a few problems with my tractor. I can also tell you that my dealer and Mahindra took care of it. So, they are not perfect, and there are others worse, just as good, and those that are far better. But for me, I'm, just pleased as a peach and no cult like mentality was intended.

/ Mahindra - What's the big deal?? #13  

JEH,

The Century/Branson parking brake is engageable with your foot. Actually, you need two feet, but that's how I do it. One foot on the brakes, one foot for the lever.

/ Mahindra - What's the big deal?? #14  

Jonathan: Don't recall, but you are no doubt correct. Looked at so many tractor brands. Do recall that setting the Mahindra parking brake was very easy and that most brands required bending over to engage the lock by hand. Since you do that every time you get off the thing, doing it with the foot is a tad quicker, easier. Take care. JEH

/ Mahindra - What's the big deal?? #15  

19th Va is right about the way the brake works. That is one of the parts of the Mahindras that is from Iseki. My Massey has the same pedel set up and it works great.