Backhoe main hydraulic pump leakage.... EVEN AFTER REBUILD!

/ main hydraulic pump leakage.... EVEN AFTER REBUILD! #31  
Not something we ever saw/used on a green unit but was an option on many of the yellow machines. Would have been kind of similar to 50/55 series mfwd solenoid.

/ main hydraulic pump leakage.... EVEN AFTER REBUILD! #32  
re40463.gif search re40463, it would be correct for the 500b, 4440, 4010 lots of applications could use it.

/ main hydraulic pump leakage.... EVEN AFTER REBUILD! #33  
Photo you posted is an electronic destroking device to be utilized as a starting aid BUT isn't what JD or I would call a stroke control valve that can be utilized to adjust stand-by pressure.

/ main hydraulic pump leakage.... EVEN AFTER REBUILD!
This looks to be alot of work just to remove the pump, and because I am not yet retired I just may go the way you are suggesting. But I want to first take a look. I have some heavy duty experience of my own when it comes to repairing things. I was told that the pump was rebuilt, but maybe it was not machined at all, meaning they tried a repair, you know installed new parts put in the pump. This leak we have been talking about is more like a piss-trail, not seepage. Do you know if my machine has the return drain line to the tank, and if it does how much leakage..... seeage would go to the tank before going to the ground? Maybe the drain line is stopped up is what I am trying to say. If you saw the place where he had this repaired you may say that they didn't know what they were doing. Thank you so much for the manual info.

/ main hydraulic pump leakage.... EVEN AFTER REBUILD! #35  
Yes Frank, removing the pump is not the mosty handy job. Yes your machine will have a drain line, they are hard plastic today so also could be cracked, broken, etc. Didn't mention it before but an aftermarket option that I have had very good luck with is A&I, they have always performed but sometimes you have to adapt fitting size on the pressure or return size. OR, get one of TXJims "non seeping" pumps from one of his tractors that can pull a locomotive over a mountain in high range with a flat tire and no operator in 2wd ;) Best of luck.

/ main hydraulic pump leakage.... EVEN AFTER REBUILD! #36  
OR, get one of TXJims "non seeping" pumps from one of his tractors that can pull a locomotive over a mountain in high range with a flat tire and no operator in 2wd ;) Best of luck.

Just because I stated the "electronic stroke control valve"(which is utilized to stop pump from pumping during attempt to start engine especially in cold weather) you mentioned wasn't really a "stroke control valve"(which controls pumps stand-by pressure) wasn't any reason to misrepresent what I stated. I never stated "non seeping" nor did I imply or state one of MY tractors that can pull a locomotive over a mountain in high range with a flat tire and no operator in 2wd or that closed center hyd pumps after about '64 didn't have a factory installed pump seal drain line!!!!!!!!

It really fairly simple if you can prove what I state is wrong I'll admit I made a mistake BUT CAN YOU DO THE SAME THING??

I hope you have a wonderful day,Jim

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    155.2 KB · Views: 96
Last edited: