Mainfunction Indicator Lamp

/ Mainfunction Indicator Lamp #31  
I had the same issues with my new 2555 shuttle. I am lucky we have a very good dealer here. The light came on at .5 hour. I called the dealer right away, the service manager said it is the EGR valve and the fix is to replace it and move its location in the engine compartment. It will not harm the engine in any way . My light has gone out but I will get it in for EGR replacement at first service

/ Mainfunction Indicator Lamp #32  
On my 2555, once the MIL light is set, it goes into limp mode and limits the engine power output. [ just like your 5555 ] My tractor still has the factory flash from early last year, and I am waiting for my dealer to get an upgrade EGR kit to put on it. To clear the EGR codes, and shut off the MIL light.... you have to start and run the tractor three full work cycles. Not just start it and run it for a few minutes... shut it off, then start again. The few times I have had it happen, I just put a code reader on it and clear the EGR codes... and that usually shuts the MIL light off. If it does not work, you can unhook the negative battery cable for a few, then that should clear it. Mahindra knows about the problem and has worked out a fix according to what I have heard. They are working on the EGR kits for the 2555, and help is coming. I would contact your dealer on the 5555, and get him in the loop.

/ Mainfunction Indicator Lamp #33  
Dealer said they found this issue with EGR plug. Bad spread on pins causing a bad connection. Hope that does it. Dealer has been good to me through this.
EGRplug.PNG

/ Mainfunction Indicator Lamp #34  
Hey guys I'm new here but have owned a Mahindra tractor for 5 years. My first was a 4010 HST and my second which I just bought last week is a 5555 shuttle. 4010 never gave me any issues but day one the 5555 has issues. My main concern is the MIL light comes on ALL the time and puts it in limp mode. I did everything you guys have suggested like running rpm's up around 2000, started it at idle etc. This is very aggravating that I can't even use the tractor. I don't want to have to stop tractor every thirty minutes to do the idle/run reset 6 times. This new tractor should run at any rpm's with no problems. I do not get the white smoke you guys say you see, the light just comes on at random times. Dealer came out and hooked up his laptop to it and it does show a egr issue. He did the update (again) and said try it but after he left I started running the tractor at 2100 rpm's and after about 15 minutes I looked down and noticed the light on. other times it came on was when I restarted it after I ran it for a while. They are picking up tractor as I type this. Dealer say they don't see any issues with these 5555's and are puzzled. I wish they would just bypass the egr crap but I know that is not happening. I miss the 4010 now but not the small size it was. Sorry guys just had to vent.
Oh yeah the other problem I had was it would not crank after I used bush hog. After a little investigating I found that the PTO switch was sticking on.

Did they pull the EGR and clean it? My MIL came on after 4 hours... they came out, re-flashed, pulled the EGR and cleaned it. No more MIL's after that and have over 50 hours on it (2555) and letting it warm up @ between 1200 and 1500 RPM.

But my PTO clicking, that is another story. :laughing:

/ Mainfunction Indicator Lamp #35  
I had the same issues with my new 2555 shuttle. I am lucky we have a very good dealer here. The light came on at .5 hour. I called the dealer right away, the service manager said it is the EGR valve and the fix is to replace it and move its location in the engine compartment. It will not harm the engine in any way . My light has gone out but I will get it in for EGR replacement at first service
Don't hold you breath waiting for that kit ! Production is getting those items that make up that kit first. Best thing to do is make sure your dealer uses the updated software and reflashs your ECU.:thumbsup:

/ Mainfunction Indicator Lamp #36  
Don't hold you breath waiting for that kit ! Production is getting those items that make up that kit first. Best thing to do is make sure your dealer uses the updated software and reflashs your ECU.:thumbsup:

I'm holding mine..... [ gasp... !!!! ] :)