making gears

/ making gears #1  

sparc

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4410, NH TC-25, Bobcat M610, JD X534, Dig-It Model 158, JD Ztrak 737. 6X4 Gator
I searched and did not find a thread about making gears and a while back I came across this site of a gentleman in Ca that is very inventive and he has an online gear template generator that you can use for free.

I do not know him just what I have seen of his work on his site and YouTube but he has done some amazing stuff. Anyway, I thought his gear generator might be of use to you guys building your own toys and tools.

Gear template generator program

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MycFQKnZkA]Gear generator (version 3) - YouTube[/ame]

/ making gears #2  
Gearmaking and design is an art that involves a lot of detailed design and capital equipment as well as some serious metallurgy and heat treating equipment. My recommendation is to either buy your gears and sprockets from a store, catalog supplier, or scavenge them from scrapped equipment.

/ making gears #6  
Excellent reference! I could not watch the entire video, I still need to know if I can get DXF output from the gear program, to drive my plasma table directly. Very handy for simple things like snow blower spout rotation, etc... THANKS !!!

/ making gears #7  
Excellent reference! I could not watch the entire video, I still need to know if I can get DXF output from the gear program, to drive my plasma table directly. Very handy for simple things like snow blower spout rotation, etc... THANKS !!!

The offline version that costs $26 says it has DXF output.:thumbsup:

Mr. HE:cool: