Marketplace upgrades

/ Marketplace upgrades #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
We just made some upgrades to the marketplace:

Instead of a regular forum, this section now accommodates full details for items like the type, make, model, year, condition, hours, and location. All of which can be used to filter and find items based on the common search criteria (though right now the previous listings are not filtering but we're diagnosing that issue and all new listings will filter).

Have a look around and let me know what you think. Feedback is always welcome.

/ Marketplace upgrades #2  
two notes so far
1. shouldn't "sold" be deleted/disappear/archived?
2. There are 30plus pages of items, but looking on the left side it shoes only 1 tractor and zero other items.
do i misread something?

/ Marketplace upgrades
1. Yes, we should purge them periodically. Haven't decided on the schedule yet.

2. Yes that filter has a bug right now so you can't use it to narrow the search. But that should get sorted soon.

/ Marketplace upgrades #4  
1. shouldn't "sold" be deleted/disappear/archived?

1. Yes, we should purge them periodically. Haven't decided on the schedule yet.

My opinion:
They should remain visible and searchable, but closed to replies. Doing this allows for some research when shopping/selling.

XYZ sold for $0.02 last February...ect.

/ Marketplace upgrades
My opinion:
They should remain visible and searchable, but closed to replies. Doing this allows for some research when shopping/selling.

Yeah maybe we will move them to an archive for reference. Historical listings and prices are handy to check and a couple of my favorite automotive sites keep old listings online indefinitely and it certainly provides value.

/ Marketplace upgrades #6  
My opinion:

You don't know for what it was sold, the only thing you know is how much it was asked for.
Questionable value of information, and i'd say a misleading info.

A simple example: XYZ market value is $100. A seller decided to ask $300. It was sitting on the market forever.
Than Kennyd being an educated person knowing that the market value is around $100 tris his luck and offered $50. The frustrated seller agreed. It was never disclosed in the marketplace.
2515 Dude thinks it was sold for the asking price, hence, the market value of XYZ is $300 and gladly pays for it next time he needs it and it pops up on the market.
Ask me how i know:cool: or better dont :devilish:

/ Marketplace upgrades #7  
Some will always find negatives...

/ Marketplace upgrades #9  
Nah, old listings are good data points. You are correct that you don't know the final selling price necessarily, but the more listings you can look at, the better the odds are of figuring out a reasonably fair market price/value. It's one input, not the final word. 3 or 4 listings near X and one at 2x kinda tells you that one is an outlier for some reason. Maybe lower hours, better options, etc ...or just mispriced. All useful info.