massey 1070 loader hydraulics stick in bucket dump.

/ massey 1070 loader hydraulics stick in bucket dump. #1  

Hersheyfarm

Veteran Member
Its a nimco 2s-4835 valve. Its always been crappy on the bucket dump, I think it has a float or quick dump mode when pushed all the way to the right. But using it with elevated rpm's you have to pop it back to center from dump. Its aggravating. Ordered rebuild kit for that spool and put new stuff in with no change. Its like it has a hydraulic lock, like back pressure from the return line. I am changing the pioneer male and female fittings to make sure no back pressure isn't happening there because they do act worn out, sometime popping off and locking loader up till I take pressure off and can reconnect. I have always taken my loader on and off when not using, so there have been a lot of connects/disconnects, so maybe they are worn out. Any experience?

/ massey 1070 loader hydraulics stick in bucket dump. #2  
I have no experience with that tractor/loader, but what you describe sounds identical to the operation of my Kubota with the quick dump (regeneration). I think it's the nature of the beast.

Kim

/ massey 1070 loader hydraulics stick in bucket dump. #3  
I had problems with a brand new MF 2660 using a DL250 loader and Nimco valve (ordered as part # SL136704 .-- it is the CV152 type, not the 432.) Mine would let the bucket curl but would not force the bucket tip down. Several were faulty from the factory and Nimco finally made mine right, sending me a kit for the spool end. My opinion is that we would ALL be better off if the mfrs had not tried to get fancy and provide quicker dumping for heavy loader users. Many with that feature also incorporate a detent where the bucket curl goes into float mode instead of leaving you with control of the dern thing. I detest most controls with detents. I prefer to control the thing proportional to my control lever myself, thank you. The simpler, plain loader valves with no detents and no quick dump features are so nice and so simple. Sitting down on a cheaper smaller tractor and operating the loader valve makes me jealous....