Massey 130

/ Massey 130 #11  
Good morning from a rather cold England, in looking to help someone else with questions on the MF 130 I came across your post
Firstly let me explain my connections with the MF 130
10/12 years ago I used to do a lot of dating of tractors for owners of Ferguson/Massey Ferguson tractors and still do for their tractors, I came across a request to date a MF 130 from Texas who had one but no one had replied to his posting for help. At the time I had not heard of one so set about trying to date it for him, this took 6 months to research and I learnt a lot along the way about the MF 130, after numerous emails with the use of a translation web site to Tractor Forum sites in France I finally got the answer to the serial number which was for a 1966 tractor
This led to me buying a MF 130 tractor for £700-00 which was in Norfolk UK, I went up to collect it and had a little drive on it and the deal was done.
This tractor was Red & Grey but I soon found out it had been over sprayed and had been originally Yellow and in fact it was the industrial version of the MF 130 which was the MF 2130,
This on investigation proved to be a very rare tractor as according to the records I have, it was only produced for 4 years 1965 to 1968 and in the last 3 years of production only 49 were built,
I still don't know how many were built in the first year but I estimate less than 50
I now keep records of all know MF 2130 and to date I know of only 11 and 2 of those are in America

As any owner of a MF 130 will know the parts for them are extremely hard to obtain, It took me 4 years to finally restore mine which included me buying another MF 130 tractor with a blown engine to finally get enough parts to get it back to show condition
I take the tractor to a number of shows both Vintage Steam Shows and Agricultural Show throughout the year and the tractor has won many cups for best tractor, (its always nice to get some recognition for the hours of work )
Now I'm retired I can go to more shows and go from show to show during the summer months and can be away from home for a month at a time

Now that I have retired I now research both new and second hand parts for the MF 130 and sell them on eBay, I get many requests for the hard to find parts and I gladly try to help obtain them from both sources here in England and in France and Germany. Since Brexit postage is more difficult from Europe as many firms have stopped postage to England however my daughter lives in Germany and I get them posted to her and she forwards them on

If I can be of any help to you and other owners then I am only to pleased to help

If you need your tractor dated then just email me the serial number as I now have all dates and serial numbers for most of the French built Massey Ferguson

I am attaching a couple of pictures (hopefully) the first is as I bought it (the left one) the other is the donor tractor

Regards

Bob UK

Hi Bob, Hope you guys are doing well over there in England. I live in Queensland Australia.
I recently brought a Massey Ferguson 130.
I've been trying for a few weeks now to get any information on the build year of my 130, with on luck as yet.
I came across your post and was wondering if you had any advice as to any website I may look up, or you may be able help me out if you know what year it may be.

Here is the info for my 130
Model: 1308SNMY
Serial: 380371
Engine: 25829 - A4 107

Thanks mate for your time and help.

Regards, Glenn.

I have attached some photos of my 130.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 9.54.41 am.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 9.54.41 am.png
    932.1 KB · Views: 120
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 9.55.25 am.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 9.55.25 am.png
    874.5 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
   / Massey 130 #13  
Last edited:
   / Massey 130 #14  
Hi Glen
Sorry I only just noticed your question, yours is a 1966 tractor, the last serial number for 1965 was 376606 and the last for 1966 was 381989 and as yours falls in between these numbers it is 1966
The pictures of your tractors restoration look rely good, your exhaust is a bit over sized but they don't make one like the original anywhere, I have a drawing I can send you with all the correct dimensions on so you can get one made if that helps
Also I noticed you are missing the nosecone, I keep those in stock but unfortunately they do work out expensive

Last edited: