Massey 1635 hydraulic oil sight gauge

/ Massey 1635 hydraulic oil sight gauge #1  

ncnewbie

Guys i may be stupid but i cannot find it. The manual shows a picture of it. Says it is on the final drive housing. I do not see it anywhere.

I can see where the hydraulic fluid is added right above the PTO shaft area. what is the final drive housing? The photo is so blown up that you cannot determine where it is located. where is this sight gauge??

/ Massey 1635 hydraulic oil sight gauge #2  
Should be the same as my 1742. Little circular glass window low on the left side.

/ Massey 1635 hydraulic oil sight gauge #3  
Guys i may be stupid but i cannot find it. The manual shows a picture of it. Says it is on the final drive housing. I do not see it anywhere.

I can see where the hydraulic fluid is added right above the PTO shaft area. what is the final drive housing? The photo is so blown up that you cannot determine where it is located. where is this sight gauge??

The final drive housing is the large & heavy - usually cast iron - case that is pretty much encompasses the whole rear end of the tractor. You sit on the front of the final drive housing, the rear axles stick out of the sides, and the PTO sticks out of the back.

The oil sight gauge is a little glass window roughly the size of a nickle. It is inset into the metal like a tiny porthole. Thick glass, and often covered over with dirt. It ought to be a couple of inches lower than where you add hydraulic fluid. Look for a flat spot about as big as the end of your thumb and wipe it clean.

rScotty

/ Massey 1635 hydraulic oil sight gauge #4  
This is the site glass on my MF1540 - that gold colored thing circled in red

it's "gold" colored because that's the actual fluid you are looking at

Attachments

• 4F329A4D-5378-433C-AF5F-ACC6F0A8CAC9.jpeg
    4F329A4D-5378-433C-AF5F-ACC6F0A8CAC9.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
   / Massey 1635 hydraulic oil sight gauge
This is the site glass on my MF1540 - that gold colored thing circled in red

it's "gold" colored because that's the actual fluid you are looking at

Thanks guys!! I will make sure that things are clean and try again!