3-Point Hitch Massey 165, Added 3 spool valve lost draft control

/ Massey 165, Added 3 spool valve lost draft control
That seems the most logical. However, when the original combiner valve is installed, the 3pt works perfectly and the only two holes plumbed and active from the tractor are the ones labeled 1 and 2 on the pic above. The center pipe port 1 of course being the pump feed and the port 2 being the return to the 3pt cylinder. But, when I installed the new Cross valve, the port 2 from the tractor doesn't join any opening on the Cross valve, so it's sealed. But, I'm still able to raise and lower the 3pt using the Cross valve, so somehow, oil is getting to the 3pt cylinder, and the ONLY possibility left is the port 3 as shown on the pic above. Leading me back to what exactly is this port? I do have a multipower transmission so could this other port 3 be something related to that?

/ Massey 165, Added 3 spool valve lost draft control #12  
Don't think those two systems have anything in common from factory on a 165.

/ Massey 165, Added 3 spool valve lost draft control
Success! I've managed to get the valve operational. What the problem amounted to was the check valve inside the 3rd valve body. I removed it, and the 3rd valve now when detented outwards, now allows operation of the 3pt. with the draft/pressure control as if there was a combiner valve in place allowing the oil back and forth. But, most importantly, if I then go back to the neutral position, I lock that oil into the 3pt cylinder, then can move the position control to constant pumping and use my 1st valve to operate the loader without affecting the 3pt. It's not a perfect scenario, but it works.

Thanks for the help with pointing me in the directions to better understand how the hydraulics work. I was always I guess assuming that the draft controls were on the return side of the 3pt cylinder, and not actually just pump controls. But, now it's blindingly obvious. I never really had a problem with this system, so never had to give it some thought to really consider the inner workings. Now I know. :)