Massey 205

/ Massey 205 #1  

JimMc

Platinum Member
Tractor
MF 165, Kioti 2554
I've found a 205 with FEL at what may be a good price, but it has a knock in the engine. How available are rebuild kits for this engine. Do they have to come from MF or can they be sourced elsewhere?

/ Massey 205 #2  
The 205 was built by Hinomoto with a Toyosha engine. Any of the good grey market dealers should be able to get you parts. Every time I go to the Massey dealer, they tell me the parts are discontinued.

Eugene

/ Massey 205 #5  
I don't quite understand how a 15 year old Massey's primary support chain is the aftermarket or grey market distributors. What happened to being able to get Massey parts for 30 or 40 years after the tractor is built? Or is this only for the older, classic Masseys? Will today's 1200 series buyers get the boot 10-12 years from now? If I paid $15-20k for a tractor, I wouldn't want it to become obsolete due to inavailibity of parts.

Just my uneducated opinion.

Jay

/ Massey 205 #6  
I have bought one MF205 part from the my local Massey dealer and it was an exhaust manifold that I used in a Hinomoto. However I have bought MF 1030 and 1010 parts that were also used on Hinomotos. There are probably some parts that are hard to get especially if they are parts that are prone to breakage. Hinomoto is now out of business and would be no longer making parts. I have bought the afore mentioned exhaust manifold, a tach cable, gears for a front axle and a PTO shaft from my Massey dealer without problems. However when I tried to buy a PTO counter shaft that mates to the PTO shaft of a 1030/Hino 2304 it was nearly $900. I went to the AGCO-Allis dealer in town and they had the same part for a DA5220 and it was $175, I said order it. They said it was back ordered and that there were none in the US and it would come from Japan in about a month. After a month I got tired of waiting when they said they weren't sure how much longer it would take. I got a buddy of mine to order it from Japan and had it in 2 weeks, $90 including shipping.

/ Massey 205 #7  
I also haven't had any trouble getting parts for my 2304 from my Massey dealer. I just have trouble getting parts for my 182 and 232.

Eugene