Massey 240 no start help

/ Massey 240 no start help #1  

Csnell3732

Tractor
Massey 240
Hello everyone, I have an older Massey 240 that will not start previous owner shut it off and it never started back for him. After checking the tractor isn’t getting fuel up to the injectors. The upper and lower port on the injection pump(Cav pump) is spraying out a decent amount of fuel from the bleed ports. What steps would y’all recommend next? I’ve bleed the system multiple times trying to get fuel to the injectors.Is there any ways to diag the injection pump? Also attached the tag on the tractor. Thanks!
51752C16-91CF-4CD4-888F-3DC2A9619AA8.jpeg

/ Massey 240 no start help #2  
If u have fuel TO the inlet and fuel out of the bleed screw by the name plate, the only other things r, a stuck metering valve or stuck pumping plungers..
U can lift the top cover to free a stuck mv but nothing u can do for the pumping plungers w/o tearing down the pump..

/ Massey 240 no start help
If u have fuel TO the inlet and fuel out of the bleed screw by the name plate, the only other things r, a stuck metering valve or stuck pumping plungers..
U can lift the top cover to free a stuck mv but nothing u can do for the pumping plungers w/o tearing down the pump..
The square cover on the topside of the pump correct? Can the top cover be lifted off without removing the pump to few the metering valve?

/ Massey 240 no start help #4  
Yes, u don’t have to remove the cover, just lift it hi enough to free up the mv

Yes, u don’t have to remove the cover, just lift it hi enough to free up the mv
Thanks I’ll give that try! Any recommendations for pump repair if the pump ends up needing rebuilt?

Me... THATS what I do..
Thanks! It ended up being a stuck metering valve. I moved the metering valve till I finally freed up and moves freely. But it’s still sticking I have to either tap lightly on the pump, or tap the accelerator couple times and it frees right up. Any advice on keeping it from sticking? Return spring weak? Other tips or tricks?

/ Massey 240 no start help #8  
Brake Clean.. & spray the heck outta it while turning it back and forth..
If that doesn’t work, u know where to send it..