Massey Ferguson 1533 built 2005 - Loader hydraulic coupler troubles

/ Massey Ferguson 1533 built 2005 - Loader hydraulic coupler troubles #1  

bearthebruce

Gold Member
Tractor
'05 Massey Ferguson 1533; '22 LS MT125
One of the hydraulic lift lines to the loader caught a branch and ripped the hose out of the mating coupler. No damage was done to the hose.

We are unable to get the coupler to lock in and mate despite breaking and bleeding all pressure in the lift loop. I suspect something in the coupler is damaged but cannot see anything wrong with it.

Seems these couplers are near custom for Massey. Great... I did get one at the dealer and am planning to try a new one as a solution. Just curious if any here have experienced a failure of this type and if there is something else I should be trying. I won't be on the property for 5 weeks from now so I have time to collect other ideas.

This tractor has the push in to release style female coupler. You push the hose in hard and then yank to pull it out. The release ring is built into the coupler and can not be "activated" except by pushing in the male connector. Oh how I wish it has the more common release ring!

/ Massey Ferguson 1533 built 2005 - Loader hydraulic coupler troubles #2  
Ideal time to change out the quick couplers as they fail. I would not want proprietary couplers.