Massey Ferguson 231 rear remote and loader?

/ Massey Ferguson 231 rear remote and loader? #1  

MasseyFerg231

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 231 w/232 FEL
Hi,

I have a 232 loader on my MF 231 tractor. Considering a hydraulic top link but have a question. Tractor has a loader and it has rear remotes.

What controls the rear remotes? I feel like something is missing.

F74B6FC5-2710-40E5-90F6-AB1CB21A6A1B.jpeg
1B7997D4-7F1A-47E6-99A0-7B95DFA80ADD.jpeg
6753E2A4-5625-4FCE-9E36-BB139372C96E.jpeg
16F16449-AC86-4326-BF3B-CD1BBB136EEA.jpeg

/ Massey Ferguson 231 rear remote and loader? #2  
Your loader is off the isolation valve by the seat, do you have to close that to make your 3pt work?

You could have a one way remote valve set to run off the 3pt controls, I've never seen the two hoses, my MF 240 manual shows how to use one hose for a remote, you have to chain the 3pt arms or something.

/ Massey Ferguson 231 rear remote and loader?
Yes, have to flip the lever on the valve to select either 3pt or loader.

Its got me perplexed.

/ Massey Ferguson 231 rear remote and loader? #4  
Yes, have to flip the lever on the valve to select either 3pt or loader.

Its got me perplexed.

If you flip the isolator to 3pt mode you may have pressure to those remote couplers using the draft control lever. If you had a cylinder to plug into the outlets you could test and see.

I am also wondering if those two hoses were set up to plug in a wood splitter or other implement with it's own valve with one hose just being case dump back to tractor.

If you flip the isolator to 3pt mode you may have pressure to those remote couplers using the draft control lever. If you had a cylinder to plug into the outlets you could test and see.

I am also wondering if those two hoses were set up to plug in a wood splitter or other implement with it's own valve with one hose just being case dump back to tractor.
I’m think that the wood splitter too at some point by the previous owner as he spilt a lot of firewood.

So you are thinking it would be activated during the “constant pumping” mode and would need to have its valve to allow flow/no flow?

That’s kind of what I’ve been thinking.

/ Massey Ferguson 231 rear remote and loader? #6  
I’m think that the wood splitter too at some point by the previous owner as he spilt a lot of firewood.

So you are thinking it would be activated during the “constant pumping” mode and would need to have its valve to allow flow/no flow?

That’s kind of what I’ve been thinking.

If you have a manual for the 231 it might outline how it works, but it was something like constant pumping and you moved the draft lever to send the flow. I do know the book showed that set up is for single acting cylinder, hence why I theorize second line is never pressurized.

I can dig out my 240 manual if needed.

I’ve got a reproduction manual, will check it out. Thanks for suggestion.

Reads like it should be on “Constant Pumping” and have a separate control lever.

Forgot the page from the manual. Does anyone know of a valve that would go in line to control an added top link?

C9F18611-CAA9-4AB5-934F-778C26210D5C.jpeg